Takeaways / Food Deliveries Open

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

Im in Leicestershire, 3 out of 5 pubs in the village are doing food delivery or collections. 

Sunday lunch tomorrow is £10 to collect in one pub, £7.50 plus £10 a bottle of wine in another. 

Which pubs?

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Im in Leicestershire, 3 out of 5 pubs in the village are doing food delivery or collections. 

Sunday lunch tomorrow is £10 to collect in one pub, £7.50 plus £10 a bottle of wine in another. 

Quite a few doing that down here as well..

18 hours ago, Archied said:

Takeaway s are something we have avoided , just feels like other people cooking and dishing up food into containers seems an easy way to spread virus if person has it 

Same approach here... unfortunately!  From 2 per week to none at all in the past 3 or 4 weeks!
Even under normal circumstances, Muckerette is the sort to put the delivery bag down on the floor (as opposed to the table/worktop) and unload from there, due to the bag "potentially being lobbed in someone's filthy foot well"!  She won't be told that these bags come in a larger, insulated outer bag until they reach the handover at the door!

We've got no chance of a takeaway for the foreseeable!  ?

#i'driskitforamadras/kebab/meatfeastpizza

Many moons ago, I once drunkenly walked into Three Chefs, and asked "Do you d'liver".
"Yes", came the reply.
"In that case, good sir, I will have a liver madras".

Well, you can imagine the riotous guffaws, once the initial confusion had been cleared up!  (No?  Oh!)
Glad to report that my subsequent "barring" from the establishment was announced in an equally jovial manner... and I settled for the beef, in the end!  ?

34 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Many moons ago, I once drunkenly walked into Three Chefs, and asked "Do you d'liver".
"Yes", came the reply.
"In that case, good sir, I will have a liver madras".

Well, you can imagine the riotous guffaws, once the initial confusion had been cleared up!  (No?  Oh!)
Glad to report that my subsequent "barring" from the establishment was announced in an equally jovial manner... and I settled for the beef, in the end!  ?

What an offal story. 

17 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Awful and over-priced in my experience although I'll concede it may just have been the particular one that I visited that was substandard. 

Got Dominos delivery once for a kids party. The 'savings' you make when ordering a lot are ridiculous. Seems about 20 quid for 2 average pizzas, but it's pretty much unlimited food once you have spent about 50 quid. The ingredients must be free.

Pizzas are pretty much the devil's greatest trick. An ok pizza in a place like pizza express/prezzo cost similar to a good curry, rice and naan. I like a nice pizza but they are nearly always terrible value for money. Went to Franco Manca for the first time in Jan. That is how they should be.

Sith Happens

we had anoki Express delivery,  they deliver it chilled just needs warming,  they only do certain areas on certain days but recommend it, was really good 

3 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Got a pizza from ZaZa's in the end, PK order got cancelled.

No chippies in the Derby area?

George’s are open for remote orders I believe, isn’t their one in Derby? Park Farms has one I think?

On 11/04/2020 at 15:01, ketteringram said:

? can't you just make a pizza?

I'm on pizza making duty here next week. I dug the pizza stone out from the back of an upstairs cupboard earlier on today. I'm really glad that, just before the panic-buying ensued, I had already bought a couple of bags of strong white flour and a box of bakers yeast. A 1.5 kg bag is enough for making about 10 medium pizzas.

Archived