If the season really did end now... ST refunds?

ramjam1884

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they need to be creative. 
I’ve been a season ticket holder since the late 70s but for some reason this season I’ve lost my passion. I think it’s a combination of

- constant moving of kick off times

- disconnect between the players and the fans (faults both sides)

-  the whole Joiners arms incident

- the EFL investigation

Quite simply I’ve not missed it like I thought I would, and the £1000 I pay for me and my son could be better spent elsewhere. 

What would pique my interest? A big charity donation might do it.

On 09/04/2020 at 11:07, admira said:

I wouldn't want mine back. I'd rather the club stayed in business.

What happened with regards to raising money for your daughters treatment. It could go to that?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Legally I think there should be a refund. A discount off a new season tickets is what I’m expecting. 

Legally,I don’t think they must provide a refund. I think terms and conditions 6.7 and 11.2.3 probably cover the club.

I’m very much in the camp of being content if no refund was offered. If I was the club, I might be inclined, as a gesture of goodwill, to offer something like club shop vouchers and/or a bring a friend for free (or discounted) to a number of games.

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Tricky this, if they open up the stadiums and carry on, fair enough, but I personally will not be going! Wrong age and classed as  (a bit) vulnerable. Would not expect a refund then as its my choice.

If season is cancelled the club should offer refunds as not delivering to contract. They may have Pandemic Insurance anyway like Wimbledon and many other events.

Failing that if you paid by credit card you could claim on that same grounds.

Personally a refund, small as it would be, would be handy to give to family members suffering massive income loss.

If I ever get my holiday money back that's what I will do with it.

Agreed the club will have to refund in some form as it will be a frustrated contract, however i think it would be appropriate to have options ie: voucher against future purchase, charitable donation, furloughed staff top up or cash refund

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

80 percent better than nrothing

Spurs wanting non playing staff to take 25 percent pay cut. Now that is wrong all the money they get.

80 percent not good enough, these loyal employees deserve there wages topping  up to 100 percent, as simple as that, we pay Anya 30 grand a week for ducks sake, Derby should look after there staff as simple as that. The owner should make sure of this, after all he saids we are the Derby family, so he needs to prove it, why don't the players help as well, to much greed in football nowadays, it's a shame, and in the end it could kill the game I love. 

Is it just me but are the club really quiet about the current situation regarding player wages / staff wages / club financial situation / season ticket sales / stance on this seasons resolution ?

I read a lot about other clubs but not much from DCFC.  

I should perhaps read the telegraph. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Is it just me but are the club really quiet about the current situation regarding player wages / staff wages / club financial situation / season ticket sales / stance on this seasons resolution ?

I read a lot about other clubs but not much from DCFC.  

I should perhaps read the telegraph. 

Well like my self I am only going get 80 percent of my pay until may but they think it will extend but all in goverment hands.

8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

80 percent not good enough, these loyal employees deserve there wages topping  up to 100 percent, as simple as that, we pay Anya 30 grand a week for ducks sake, Derby should look after there staff as simple as that. The owner should make sure of this, after all he saids we are the Derby family, so he needs to prove it, why don't the players help as well, to much greed in football nowadays, it's a shame, and in the end it could kill the game I love. 

It's not the actual furloughing, and reduction to 80% that bothers me.

Afterall these people can take mortgage/rent/loan/credit card payment referrals and I'd imagine there day to day expenditure is down significantly. 

It wouldnt actually surprise me if people were ending up with money in their bank than normal.

It's the fact that the players, from what is being said, are continuing on full pay as normal.

Got to realise that, as a businessman, MM has got to protect his prize assets though and its not me that will be writing the cheques to pay people for being sat at home.

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Legally,I don’t think they must provide a refund. I think terms and conditions 6.7 and 11.2.3 probably cover the club.

I’m very much in the camp of being content if no refund was offered. If I was the club, I might be inclined, as a gesture of goodwill, to offer something like club shop vouchers and/or a bring a friend for free (or discounted) to a number of games.

I can’t say I’ve read those clauses, but it would be wrong to effectively overcharge season ticket holders.

there would be no point in buying a season ticket if there was risk of over paying.

here we are trying to scrape up £1k for a good cause, and this overpayment is worth £2m 

26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I can’t say I’ve read those clauses, but it would be wrong to effectively overcharge season ticket holders.

there would be no point in buying a season ticket if there was risk of over paying.

here we are trying to scrape up £1k for a good cause, and this overpayment is worth £2m 

Probably a little less £1.5m i would think. i was told by someone ITK that season ticket recepts were a little over £9m this season.

The revenue lost will of course would be greater perhaps another £600k.

Again i think the club should offer a choice of  options with what to do with the money.

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Everyone's views are of course valid and different probably largely driven by their personal circumstances.

I'm comfortable but certain no millionaire. I've donated and I'd be happy for the club to keep the season ticket money. 

I think next seasons ticket sales will be so far down the club will have no choice but to offer something or expect 20k attendances. So many people will have lost their jobs or for the self employed lost so much income they won't be able to afford the luxury of season tickets.

Football will generally need to take a long hard look at itself over the next year.

Archived