If the season really did end now... ST refunds?

ramjam1884

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moneys been spent, for me they can keep it and have next years too if they want. 

If we want a Derby County in the future I guess we need do all we can now, players, staff, owners and Fans.

Come on you Rams ?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Keep it and put it towards paying furloughed staff some of the 20% which the Club should have coughed up.

Still no announcement from the club or players on this shoddy matter. I know any announcement was only suggested by Percy, but I think it poor that the lower paid staff appear to be taking a wage hit whilst the playing staff appear to remain unaffected.

1 hour ago, admira said:

I wouldn't want mine back. I'd rather the club stayed in business.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Moneys been spent, for me they can keep it and have next years too if they want. 

If we want a Derby County in the future I guess we need do all we can now, players, staff, owners and Fans.

Come on you Rams ?

Both of you must be in very good financial positions. 

4 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've also said they can keep mine and I'm not well of by any means, but the money was paid out months ago and we wouldn't be seeing it again if the games were played so will make not make me any poorer if I don't see it again.

41 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've also said they can keep mine and I'm not well of by any means, but the money was paid out months ago and we wouldn't be seeing it again if the games were played so will make not make me any poorer if I don't see it again.

Of course it wouldn't make you any poorer now, if you lend someone £1000 and they promise to pay you back next year and don't it wouldn't make you any poorer then either what's your point? 

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Of course it wouldn't make you any poorer now, if you lend someone £1000 and they promise to pay you back next year and don't it wouldn't make you any poorer then either what's your point? 

If you can't see the difference, I won't even bother trying to explain.

I've got no problem with people that want there money back, I was just saying that I'm ok with the club keeping mine.

11 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

I'd expect a percentage of the money I paid back.

People want to donate it to charity, let them, that's an individual's choice and a highly commendable one, but as has been said, you paid for a product that you won't receive roughly a quarter of.

As clubs treat fans as customers, I'd treat the club the same as I would Amazon or any other company when it comes to the money side of things.

It's a fair point actually. The club may have some sort of insurance to cover some of their losses. When the dust settles, clubs may be legally obliged to make some sort of offer to season ticket holders. It's then up to those individuals to decide, in terms of what to do with a refund. If they want to give it back to the club, that is the prerogative of the individual. 

19 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I’m with them. Luckily, the crisis hasn’t had any impact on my financial position so, as this money has already been committed and spent I don’t  NEED it back. I do know that some people are less fortunate.

perhaps a little hypocritical on my behalf but I will be requesting a refund for my cancelled holiday. There are two significant differences though: 1) The amount involved for the holiday is much much more than any potential season ticket refund and 2) I have no emotional connection to the airline company.

Not really, but I want my football club to survive through this so will my little bit to help it.

Tricky this, if they open up the stadiums and carry on, fair enough, but I personally will not be going! Wrong age and classed as  (a bit) vulnerable. Would not expect a refund then as its my choice.

If season is cancelled the club should offer refunds as not delivering to contract. They may have Pandemic Insurance anyway like Wimbledon and many other events.

Failing that if you paid by credit card you could claim on that same grounds.

Personally a refund, small as it would be, would be handy to give to family members suffering massive income loss.

If I ever get my holiday money back that's what I will do with it.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Not really, but I want my football club to survive through this so will my little bit to help it.

I would like the club, and football in general to survive, but the longer you don't have something the less you find you need it, bit like sugar in your tea.  I think there will huge changes afoot in the next year or so, not least in the demographic of people attending and the league structure..

14 hours ago, europia said:

It's a fair point actually. The club may have some sort of insurance to cover some of their losses. When the dust settles, clubs may be legally obliged to make some sort of offer to season ticket holders. It's then up to those individuals to decide, in terms of what to do with a refund. If they want to give it back to the club, that is the prerogative of the individual. 

I'm not in the know at all but I'd be surprised if the club did have any insurance to cover such an event. From what I've read, it is available but very expensive to add to business interruption cover. 

I'm also confident that I've read somewhere in the terms and conditions that the club don't have to refund. 

There seems to be two things being discussed here.

on the first I think if the season did end now DCFC would either need to offer a pro rata refund or a pro rata deduction for the new season ( I have already paid for by season ticket so they would need to refund me )

on the second, perhaps there is a clause in players contracts relating to unpaid wages and the contracts ending with the full contract still need to be paid up. If this was the case he players could just walk away and still be owed their wages. 

the first is what I expect the second mere speculation as I have no idea what players have in their contracts but I would imagine that talks are ongoing with the players to accept a cut of some kind

You've not lent DCFC the money. 

You've paid for a product at the beginning of the season with I imagine 99.99% intention of never seeing the money again.

There is absolutely no comparison between lending someone the money last April and purchasing your season ticket.

FWIW I have absolutely no problem with people wanting a refund if the season is not finished.

If extra money is required to pay the non playing staff it should come out of playing staff wages before expecting the fans to cover it.

Archived