If the season really did end now... ST refunds?

ramjam1884

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t accept it. This isn’t on Derby County. It’s a global pandemic which is completely out of their control. 

Saying that I think the season will be completed before the next starts, regardless of when that will be. 

The ticketing Terms and Conditions say something to the note that it would be at their discretion when you bought it. 

There was 4/5 games I believe left. They can keep it, I wouldn't be surprised to see them allow you to choose whether to take it or not.

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

The ticketing Terms and Conditions say something to the note that it would be at their discretion when you bought it. 

There was 4/5 games I believe left. They can keep it, I wouldn't be surprised to see them allow you to choose whether to take it or not.

IF that happened, I would prefer to see the money donated to Derby Royal Hospital or other local charities in need

There would only be one fair solution to this, imo.  DCFC to offer a refund, applicable to the remaining games (they are not all valued equally, at 1/23rd the total price).  If they must, deduct some sort of reasonable admin charge from the refund.  Add an alternative of allowing that amount to be deducted from next season's ST, if desired.  (Effectively the same thing, for those of us planning to renew).

However, there's only one "decent thing" for us fans to do, imo.  Thank them for the above, but refuse both options.  Let them keep it.  (That would be my reaction).
A close second would be to accept it, and voluntarily donate it "to the Covid-cause".

It wouldn't be morally right for DCFC to refuse an appropriate refund, and it will lose them "friends"!  Not all of us are floating along on the same financial boat!
It wouldn't be right for DCFC to tell us the money is being donated elsewhere... regardless of where.  Anything along those lines should be voluntary... in my opinion.

1 hour ago, ramjam1884 said:

If the season really does end without another ball being kicked... 

what are the club obliged to do ? 
would we be due a refund or credit against next year  or something else? 

And what would you do with it ? 

Maybe they could give you the home cup games free next season. If more than 5 happy days, if not then so be it. Everyone happy

It all depends on your financial circumstances some people may sacrifice other things to be able to afford a season ticket, I purchase 4 tickets for my family 1 under 12 so only £30 but still would expect the club to offer something like cup vouchers for next season as a token gesture. 

I think the club have to at least offer a percentage refund. Of course none of this is their fault, but people have paid for 23 games of football - which they won’t get to see if the season doesn’t finish. It wouldn’t be fair not to at least offer the partial refund. Personally think there should be three options - a small direct refund, a perhaps slightly larger “loyalty” discount off next years season ticket, and an organised charity pot that people can donate the refund to if they can afford to (probably helping out those in the local community struggling due to the current situation). Hopefully everyone who can chooses the latter option, but we have to understand that some people will be really struggling financially at the moment, so may not be able to - so I think it’s only fair to offer the other option too. 

3 hours ago, ramjam1884 said:

If the season really does end without another ball being kicked... 

what are the club obliged to do ? 
would we be due a refund or credit against next year  or something else? 

And what would you do with it ? 

It would be pretty poor if some supporters demanded their money back we might not have a club the way we are losing money,I’m quite happy to write this season off and the club can keep my money no problem.

6 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

It would be pretty poor if some supporters demanded their money back we might not have a club the way we are losing money,I’m quite happy to write this season off and the club can keep my money no problem.

That's great for you that you can afford to well done. 

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

it's a tough one.  Considering some fans will be struggling to put food on the table I wouldn't blame them for thinking a business who are happy to continue paying their multi millionaire players while putting people on the bread line on furlough might look after their fans.

I am not bothered one bit if I get a refund,  the most important thing to me is being able to sit with my dad again at a football match. I am lucky , it won't really bother me financially so I'm happy to write it off,  but wouldn't think bad of someone who doesn't have that privilege.

Appreciate the view of you all and it's good of you to say you would refuse the refund or donate it

However I very much expect some money back if I don't get the benefit of the last few games. Happy for it to be deducted from next years renewal price as an incentive to renew as I haven't got round to doing that with all that's going on.

I appreciate that it's not a fault of the club. But if I bought a ticket and fell ill on the day of the game and couldn't make it, that wouldn't be my fault either. Yet the club would not give you the humongous grace of giving you a refund for missing the game for reasons out of your control.

So why would I do them the favour of retrospectively grossly overpaying for my season ticket?

38 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

There will always be a Derby football club. I would say it would be pretty poor of you to suggest that your support of the club is dependent on them being competitive in the Championship.

If the club folds, you can expect to see me and whoever else shows up at the first game of the phoenix club that appears.

We as fans make the club. Nothing else matters.

If this season is completed, I expect it to be done behind closed doors. The club could then offer all season ticket holders a free Rams TV package in lieu of their season tickets, maybe including the away games also. 

I'd like to see them offer a refund so that those who desperately need the refund can get some much needed money, I would personally leave mine, and hope it would be given back to the furloughed non-playing staff rather than back to Mel or the players. 

They can keep my money, If it helps Mel keep the club afloat, he's more than welcome to it.

I'm far from being loaded and wouldn't deny that the money would come in handy, but it went out of my account many months ago and going to the games that are left would cost me even more money.

I'd expect a percentage of the money I paid back.

People want to donate it to charity, let them, that's an individual's choice and a highly commendable one, but as has been said, you paid for a product that you won't receive roughly a quarter of.

As clubs treat fans as customers, I'd treat the club the same as I would Amazon or any other company when it comes to the money side of things.

Archived