Contracts expiring in June

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/04/2020 at 21:00, Gaspode said:

As I’ve said before, FIFA can agree whatever they want, but they can’t overrule employment law - extending lawfully binding contracts will require the agreement of both clubs and players.....

Yes FIFA may want to encourage clubs to do so, but unlikely that they could impose wholesale binding contract extensions. 

Sith Happens

I never get the animosity towards Anya. capable player who has only proven to be bad value by the contract Derby agreed to sign.

only reason he hasn't played more is financial reasons not footballing reasons 

if anyone should feel hard done by it's him for his treatment from Derby.

my opinion only of course 

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I never get the animosity towards Anya. capable player who has only proven to be bad value by the contract Derby agreed to sign.

only reason he hasn't played more is financial reasons not footballing reasons 

if anyone should feel hard done by it's him for his treatment from Derby.

my opinion only of course 

??  harsh, I think his immediate family may agree. 

I think he is the one who has seemed least inclined to try and find a way out of just sitting his contract out?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

??  harsh, I think his immediate family may agree. 

I think he is the one who has seemed least inclined to try and find a way out of just sitting his contract out?

of course you don't know that.  the way Derby retain the value of players on their books they may have made it impossible to leave without a substantial transfer fee.

I have no idea if that's right but neither does anyone else who posts on this forum. 

what we do know is, as has been on public record,  we have refused to play him due to the extra costs that would incur, the only party responsible for that are Derby county 

Say he’s on 25,000 grand a week, he’s had a word with his agent about moving on, his agent says the best offer he’s had is 10,000 a week, would you take it ? 

I bloody wouldn’t and I don’t blame him at all for seeing out a contract the club were happy to offer.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Say he’s on 25,000 grand a week, he’s had a word with his agent about moving on, his agent says the best offer he’s had is 10,000 a week, would you take it ? 

I bloody wouldn’t and I don’t blame him at all for seeing out a contract the club were happy to offer.

I'm not particularly vitriolic about him really.

But honestly... I would hope I would. Its a short career so I can see you need to get as much money as possible... But by 33 or 34 your career is over and its a very long retirement to spend thinking back about how you wasted a good portion of your prime. Most other players seem to think the same too. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

of course you don't know that.  the way Derby retain the value of players on their books they may have made it impossible to leave without a substantial transfer fee.

I have no idea if that's right but neither does anyone else who posts on this forum. 

what we do know is, as has been on public record,  we have refused to play him due to the extra costs that would incur, the only party responsible for that are Derby county 

Is that true, Paul? I  must have missed that. I have seen people speculating on that but hadn't realised the club  have said so.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, angieram said:

Is that true, Paul? I  must have missed that. I have seen people speculating on that but hadn't realised the club  have said so.

I cant find any proof so i guess i cannot prove its anything but speculation. The example I have in mind is from when Johnny Russell was sold and we were told that the reason Anya was suddenly able to play was because it freed up funds to allow him to do so.

Archived