Goals of the Decades | 1980s

Day

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So bad were we for parts of the 80s that one of our ‘goals of the decade’ is the dodgiest penalty ever. 

Although you are right in that it was only a penalty, it still is one of our most emblematic goals. The whole of that evening for anyone who was there will be etched in their memories. The atmosphere in the Popside was probably the best I can recall, and the release of tension with that penalty was like 20000 synchronised orgasms!

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Although you are right in that it was only a penalty, it still is one of our most emblematic goals. The whole of that evening for anyone who was there will be etched in their memories. The atmosphere in the Popside was probably the best I can recall, and the release of tension with that penalty was like 20000 synchronised orgasms!

I wish had been there. I am 58 now, and in my second marriage, and I am still to experience 1 synchronised orgasm. 

On 07/04/2020 at 15:13, richinspain said:

Indeed it is immortalised by Graham Richards famous words......

Archived