Apple

ketteringram

9 hours ago, ketteringram said:

It's possible ?.

I don't really want to get involved, but I was asked the question when she was browsing, 'why can't I get the 13 inch Mac book but with a 1tb drive. So I thought I'd ask on here. 

Far as I'm concerned, the only use for any laptop, whether it's £300 or £3,000, would be to prop up a wonky table.

Dont say that she might want to order a new table now ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Don't Panic said:

Dont say that she might want to order a new table now ?

She might. We don't actually have one. The laptop came at lunchtime. It's not going well . Keeps getting windows open ,if that's what they call them, and then they won't close. Bloody thing has been restarted half a dozen times already ?. I told her to keep the packaging . Did she listen? Of course not.

She's either going to have to find someone who has one, and get lessons, or I can see it getting launched through the window.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

I need to buy an iPad for my 9 year old for his school work. My 4 year old has an iPad but she's losing her patience with him borrowing it. What do I buy? The market is a mess!

Her a doll

• 4 months later...
On 20/05/2020 at 01:58, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

9 year olds “needing” an iPad to do school work. What a world we live in.

We’re applying for secondary schools for my daughter and top of the list is one that gives all its students an iPad loaded with the apps and learning resources they’ll need. 

there research shows it’s worth an extra grade for most kids. 

On 20/05/2020 at 00:33, Beetroot said:

I need to buy an iPad for my 9 year old for his school work. My 4 year old has an iPad but she's losing her patience with him borrowing it. What do I buy? The market is a mess!

I missed this at the time, but we got our daughter an iPad mini. Series 3 I think. It’s pretty basic in terms of functions compared to the very latest ones, but it did the job for her. 

shes 11 now and just inherited my old MacBook Air, which is way too slow for me, but does all she needs it to for now. She also gets my massive thunderbolt screen, so she’s quite a teched up little girl really, just cos my wife’s home working set up has kicked that off the desk. 

she got an iPhone last year when she started walking to school by herself. Just an old 5s or 6 I think. Didn’t cost much off eBay, and a plan that’s basically free as part of our sky family plan.

with all that she’s handling self isolation and home schooling like a boss. 

On 29/09/2020 at 19:09, Mostyn6 said:

@Davidwhy not just get it delivered? 

The local shop where we have to drop UPS parcels off managed to lose my returned phone last time, meant I was over a grand out of pocket whilst they went through the process to establish I did give it them.

Figured make a day of it and go to Meadowhall. They would have replaced the screen but the bezel is smashed as well, they just replace the device when it’s like that 

1 hour ago, David said:

The local shop where we have to drop UPS parcels off managed to lose my returned phone last time, meant I was over a grand out of pocket whilst they went through the process to establish I did give it them.

Figured make a day of it and go to Meadowhall. They would have replaced the screen but the bezel is smashed as well, they just replace the device when it’s like that 

Was it in your pocket when you fell off the scooter, or have you come a cropper since then?

12 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Was it in your pocket when you fell off the scooter, or have you come a cropper since then?

That was the first time it got smashed, but it fell off the garden bistro table onto slabs the other day 

• 4 weeks later...

so, @David, I've somehow aligned my upgrade time with the launch of the 12.

Was looking at committing to the upgrade, and in fact, have gone as far as adding the phone and plan to "my basket", and then closed the window before buying.

I've got a mint condition XS that's just 2 years old and lived in protective cases all that time. What does the 12 do that the XS can't?

What is the real term difference between the 12, 12pro and 12mini?

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so, @David, I've somehow aligned my upgrade time with the launch of the 12.

Was looking at committing to the upgrade, and in fact, have gone as far as adding the phone and plan to "my basket", and then closed the window before buying.

I've got a mint condition XS that's just 2 years old and lived in protective cases all that time. What does the 12 do that the XS can't?

What is the real term difference between the 12, 12pro and 12mini?

The only real difference is the screen and camera, that’s it

Archived