Cameron Jerome

maxjam

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/04/2020 at 18:19, RamNut said:

Omg. He was sat in the directors box alongside Mel for one match.

No that wasn't Cameron Jerome, there was a thread about it. I think we'd worked out it was Giles Barnes. Or Nathan Tyson. Or Lenny Henry.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought it was a mistake of Lampard to let him go last season, we had Nugent, Waghorn and Marriott last season but I thought Jerome would have given us something different when we needed some strength up top. To be fair Bennett ended up playing that role towards the end of last season but I’d imagine we’d have had more goals from Jerome. 
I suspect it was all down to wages really, he’s a lot of money for a plan B. 

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

I actually thought it was a mistake of Lampard to let him go last season, we had Nugent, Waghorn and Marriott last season but I thought Jerome would have given us something different when we needed some strength up top. To be fair Bennett ended up playing that role towards the end of last season but I’d imagine we’d have had more goals from Jerome. 
I suspect it was all down to wages really, he’s a lot of money for a plan B. 

Couldn’t really have kept all of them to be fair, with Bennett mainly utilised up front we’d have had 5 strikers had Jerome remained. Given we almost always played with one striker that would have been a waste of resources. Personally I don’t think either Nugent or Jerome had anything left to offer by the time Lampard joined, and I’d have got shot of both of them and signed one more third option up front. In fairness, I think that may have been the plan all along with the Nakhi Wells links - but Burnley obviously weren’t willing to offer him up in the Vydra deal, so we were forced to keep Nugent instead.

On 05/01/2018 at 13:55, Pastinaak said:

I'm a bit fed up of clicking 'Transfer Talk' and finding Cameron Bloody Jerome's name at the top. Can't we close the thread in the name of common sense?

Two and a half years ago... as a club we obviously aren't progressing as fast as I'd hoped.

Archived