Cameron Jerome

maxjam

Thought it was still April 1st for a sec...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-linked-striker-move-4023142

Derby County are interested in bringing an ex-player back to the club, according to reports.

A report by A Spor states that Derby are one of a number clubs interested in signing Goztepe forward Cameron Jerome.

Jerome was picked up by Goztepe after leaving the Rams, but his contract is unlikely to be renewed.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought some of our newspapers were desperate for a story... these Turkish journos are even worse! Clearly there’s rumours that he wants to return to England, so some lazy arse just links him to the team he left England from... top quality stuff, no wonder the DET have rehashed it?

Why on earth would we want him back, he wasn’t good enough when he left, let alone now!

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Why on earth would we want him back, he wasn’t good enough when he left, let alone now!

A bit harsh, the 5 goals in 4 games at the end under Rowett showed that he could still feasibly be a 10-15 goal a season striker at this level, in the right team.

We'd certainly have been far better off keeping him on than keeping Nugent, at least he'd have given us a different option.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I thought some of our newspapers were desperate for a story... these Turkish journos are even worse! Clearly there’s rumours that he wants to return to England, so some lazy arse just links him to the team he left England from... top quality stuff, no wonder the DET have rehashed it?

Twas his goals that got us into the playoff spots ,but yes didn't start as well as he might have done.

45 minutes ago, Coconut said:

A bit harsh, the 5 goals in 4 games at the end under Rowett showed that he could still feasibly be a 10-15 goal a season striker at this level, in the right team.

We'd certainly have been far better off keeping him on than keeping Nugent, at least he'd have given us a different option.

I’m not convinced it was anything more than a purple patch in a team suited to him to be honest. In fairness, I didn’t think he was quite as bad as others make out - he was no Leon Best or Conor Sammon. But the point is, we sold him for a reason - and he’s unlikely to have improved having gotten a couple of years older. I see your point with the Nugent comparison as he wasn’t good enough anymore either - he had nothing left in the locker last season really. But the more pertinent point is a comparison with our current playing staff. He’s nowhere near as good as Martin, and we have plenty of options in Waghorn, Marriott and Whittaker.

56 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Twas his goals that got us into the playoff spots ,but yes didn't start as well as he might have done.

Gary Teale also kept us up single-handedly. Doesn't make either of them good.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Gary Teale also kept us up single-handedly. Doesn't make either of them good.

Scorer of one of our most important goals this millennium - Stephen Pearson just goes to show every dog has its day.

I think in a side where we seem to be playing tight, passing football I can see Jerome's complete lack of first, second or third touch and ability to toe-punt and run after it to be a real asset...

The guy is fast and strong and has shown an ability to finish - But he's a 'last man' kinda player who you don't want to be involved in team link-up play - Cocu seems to want all his players involved in all areas (which I like) - Jerome is great is your tactic is a Rowett-esque soak up the pressure and then pounce - We play more possession football and he'd be a liability in that

Archived