Ways to settle the season fair and square.

Boycie

I’ve thought about this long and hard. ?

My workings out have taken me to this, what I’d like to call “inspired” result.

5 a side. 

Carried out over a long weekend, broadcast by whoever for free.

I know,  it’s an amazing idea isn’t it? Was well received in the forum hangout earlier in the evening.

Come at me with your negativity.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All players say they need a mini preseason to get fit first and avoid injuries. The risks and the logistics associated with the travelling. Keeping safe distance between players. The time scale to fit it all in makes it nigh on impossible.  Those  unprecedented times  call  for unprecedented ways so just for the hell of it bring all teams together and go straight to a sudden death penalty shootout for all games remaining, playoffs, the lot!

May be Not the fairest...But  can you imagine the tension!!!

I'd like to think that Wayne would try a cheeky Panenka again ?

23 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’ve thought about this long and hard. ?

My workings out have taken me to this, what I’d like to call “inspired” result.

5 a side. 

Carried out over a long weekend, broadcast by whoever for free.

I know,  it’s an amazing idea isn’t it? Was well received in the forum hangout earlier in the evening.

Come at me with your negativity.

Bizarrely I kinda like this idea. A weekend of futsal would be a huge event and a lot of fun I think. 

21 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Every player to have a long rod tied across his shoulders to the next guy 2 meters away and so on then lined up like table football.  You can kick and move sideways but not forward or back. If the ball hits a head its sanitisation all round. 

Kinda quirky, but I like it.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh my!  I doth not dare to peruse henceforth!  Consider my flabber well and truly gasted! 

#fpdsh  

I knew someone would take my perfectly reasonable suggestion straight into the gutter?. I also had a good guess who!

• 2 weeks later...

Fairest way? Declare it null and void. But have WBA be promoted and two other teams determined by an EFL "Totally Legitimate Randomized Promotion Determining Supercomputer Advanced Modeling Process" (Leeds Conspiracy Model V13.0.4).

Obviously, the excitement can build then as Leeds launch legal action and we all wait for the Premier League to decide they're not accepting promotions from the EFL this season.

Archived