Sign in to follow this  
David

DCFC Fans x Derby City Mission Food Bank Fundraiser

11 hours ago, sage said:

At last. Now let's make it £2000 ha ha

Just looked this morning and the target now shows as £2000, this must change automatically as I haven’t touched it. 

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

... and the guy who just donated to take it over the line (real name D MacB) is a blast from the distant past (or at least the name is the same). 

Are you a member on here, by any chance?  

I’m a member now how you keeping ian

2 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I’m a member now how you keeping ian

Ha, Ha.  Good man.  Glad to have you on board. 

All well here, touch wood... apart from my DIY list seems to be getting longer, not shorter, the longer we are stuck at home!  LOL.

Hope you and yours are all doing ok under the circumstances.

Have a good look around.  There's some good stuff on here, and almost all of the posters are ok, I guess!  😉

🍻

1 hour ago, David said:

Big thanks to Radio Derby who mentioned the money we have all raised earlier today and to @sage who got in touch with them 🙂

Do you know whose programme it was on? 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ha, Ha.  Good man.  Glad to have you on board. 

All well here, touch wood... apart from my DIY list seems to be getting longer, not shorter, the longer we are stuck at home!  LOL.

Hope you and yours are all doing ok under the circumstances.

Have a good look around.  There's some good stuff on here, and almost all of the posters are ok, I guess!  😉

🍻

Yeah we’re all ok ta     

Started back to work today thank god , apparently making aero engines means I’m a key worker

Been reading the forum for years now so decided to eventually join in, you really think most posters are ok lol

6 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Been reading the forum for years now so decided to eventually join in, you really think most posters are ok lol

cartoons1.png

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Amazing effort by everyone, I stuck some in early on - didn’t think we hit the target that quick!

Me neither, I honestly thought £1000 would be pushing it given the situation, but for us to smash it in 3 days and go beyond that is unbelievable really.

So many families right now will be enjoying a basic meal because of the kind donations from this forum tonight.

Couldn’t be prouder of this community we have all built and part of right now 🥰🐏

I will no doubt earn the likes from all this and praise, @sage is the mastermind behind all this. 

When contacting me saying we should use the power of the forum to pull together, my initial thought was mental health as I know it has effected so many on this forum including myself, but it was sage that suggested the food bank and it was a great suggestion as so many families will be effected by this situation and struggling to put meals on the table tonight but with our fundraising will all be eating tonight. 

Hands down this is my proudest moment of the 11 years we have been online. You are all awesome, even those that are unable to donate, just being part of this community means so much so thank you from the bottom of my heart. 🥰🐏

As part of our discussions, @David and I talked about having a different charity each season. My thought was the Food Bank was an immediate win but Mental Health could be a great area to raise money for a whole season where we could run it as a project beyond fundraising. 

9 hours ago, sage said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/04/Derby-county-launches-stay-safe-stay-fit-stay-connected

DCFC are launching their own initiatives, which includes a food bank. 

When I took my donation over to the DCCT team at Christmas I asked if they'd considered a more regular arrangement along the lines of Fans Supporting Foodbanks. A few of us were interested in volunteering but we didn't hear anything. 

I do hope that this new initiative will be sustained beyond the current shutdown as it is something that is drastically needed (sadly.) 

On 08/04/2020 at 19:57, David said:

Jamie Thrasivoulou who created the we are Derby poem has also got involved 👏🤗

1788E15C-2613-4165-9864-30934C5F2DF9.png
A2A9FA6A-81B7-4647-9DFF-59775D00B7FB.png
We’re now up to £1070 

We are stalling a bit now. It would be good if @OwenB87 and Jamie Thrasivoulou could put a link on their twitter accounts. We are helping food banks in a different way to DCFC.