When Football Returns ........

Seaside Ram

People will be all over it , more obsessed about it than even before  OR maybe folk will be starting to think like I am .....

After over 40yrs living and breathing all Football and supporting the Rams through endless ups and downs, I'm not overly missing it! The thought of paying £25 a month for sky sports, £15 for BT  and £32 to watch Derby play Reading on a Tues night is losing it's appeal daily. As for.people paying £50-£60 to watch Prem games, jeez !! 

Could this break get people's priorities back in line thinking health and family are more important than worrying if  Kane signs a new £400k a week deal or what car Mo Salah drives ?????

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

People will be all over it , more obsessed about it than even before  OR maybe folk will be starting to think like I am .....

After over 40yrs living and breathing all Football and supporting the Rams through endless ups and downs, I'm not overly missing it! The thought of paying £25 a month for sky sports, £15 for BT  and £32 to watch Derby play Reading on a Tues night is losing it's appeal daily. As for.people paying £50-£60 to watch Prem games, jeez !! 

Could this break get people's priorities back in line thinking health and family are more important than worrying if  Kane signs a new £400k a week deal or what car Mo Salah drives ?????

I don't care about Kane's contract or Mo's car but I do miss football. family is obviously important but we all need other distractions.

For me, it just feels like the close season. It's OK at the moment and I can live without it but when it returns it will be just like the the first game of the season (great excitement and expectations only to be dashed fairly quickly) which, of course, it still be. 

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't care about Kane's contract or Mo's car but I do miss football. family is obviously important but we all need other distractions.

For me, it just feels like the close season. It's OK at the moment and I can live without it but when it returns it will be just like the the first game of the season (great excitement and expectations only to be dashed fairly quickly) which, of course, it still be. 

It may well be like the first game of the season to some when football eventually returns however some may have second thoughts about their priorities, businesses will struggle to restart, some may not even reopen. People who take a 3 month "holiday" on their mortgages will find their monthly repayments increasing, overdrafts to be repaid etc. People will want to get their lives back to sort of normality which for a good number of fans won't include football to begin with and i certainly don't see matches being played at full grounds

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Is not like the close season though. During the close season there are set dates when things happen, fixtures out, training, friendlies etc.

Also, for me anyway, there are no other sports on the TV, no golf, no F1, no Olympics, no rugby league, no cricket, just nothing. 

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Is not like the close season though. During the close season there are set dates when things happen, fixtures out, training, friendlies etc.

Also, for me anyway, there are no other sports on the TV, no golf, no F1, no Olympics, no rugby league, no cricket, just nothing. 

Well it is like the close season for me. No football to watch at Pride Park. Looking forward to returning after a long break.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

It may well be like the first game of the season to some when football eventually returns however some may have second thoughts about their priorities, businesses will struggle to restart, some may not even reopen. People who take a 3 month "holiday" on their mortgages will find their monthly repayments increasing, overdrafts to be repaid etc. People will want to get their lives back to sort of normality which for a good number of fans won't include football to begin with and i certainly don't see matches being played at full grounds

You’re right but I was only replying with my feeling.

5 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Are you kidding, this is the most soul destroying, tedious time of my life. It’s like the longest ever close season without transfers, a summer tournament or even the fixture list coming out to look forward to.
Roll on when all this is over, its 3hrs before kick off, I’m in the pub drinking beer with my mates discussing (arguing) over who should start up front, having the crack with the occasional away fan who pops in. Then making our way to PP with the rest of the you lot, getting in the ground, singing and shouting for 90mins..........then being totally pissed off when we’ve just been beat 1-0 by Luton. Ah I cant wait, bring it on, I love football and I love Derby County Football Club!!!!! #COYR?

..................everyone will be positive, will support their football club, will support their players, their managers, coaches and fellow DCFC fans, support their family and friends and be kind to one another and will smile and realise how important it is to be healthy and alive and will help everyone in the wonderful world we all share with one another.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

And be up for a good game of ping pong.........

Gutted really, I was really looking forward to games, we were creating chances every game, Rooney and the young guns were looking great, Shinniesta back from injury.....was looking forward to a great end of season.

Missing the craic with the lads every couple of weeks or so as well.

I don’t know whether I want to risk infection by being part of a crowd.
I might give it a miss for a year or two until we have a vaccine.

On 03/04/2020 at 08:00, Seaside Ram said:

You will be back. Just once and a good display and all this will be a distant memory 

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They’d of beat us anyway. 

I hate this sort of thing!  Everything that is wrong with the world is right there for all to see!  Grrr!

... "Have"... "They'd HAVE beaten us anyway"!  

???

I've not had as much time for football this year due to work commitments but I'm still missing tuning in and listening/watching the game every Saturday and every other Tuesday/Wednesday. It's not that I'm frothing at the mouth craving it, I'm too busy for that atm but it's definitely in the back of my mind.  It is something i think that grounds a lot of us, gives us some routine and is something we're all obviously very passionate about. For a lot of us it's how we meet up with our friends, for me it's often a chance to do something me and my mum both enjoy together. I'm not a massive fan of re-watching games either tbh so even though it's very thoughtful of Derby to put that service on it doesn't really do anything for me. I'm hoping next season (whenever that is) I'll be in a financial position to either buy a season ticket or attend a lot more games than for a while and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Archived