Zak, the club and RamsTV

IslandExile

I appreciate the King is a quiet, private man. And I cannot recall him ever being interviewed. However, I'm saddened to read comments on here that he doesn't have a great relationship with the club and that's why he's never been on RamsTV.

So @OwenB87 what gives?

I'm sure you've asked him. What reasons does he give for not appearing?

He seems to welcome @loweman2. Can you give any insight into the man.

Like many of the old ones on here, I'm sure, Kevin was and always will be my favourite player. I would love to hear his stories.

@OwenB87 please make it happen ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He played in Ted McMinn's testimonial I think?

I saw him at the Assembly Rooms at one of those Evening WIth... nights. Him, Roy Mac, Archie Gemmill and possibly someone else - maybe 10 or so years back . He was very funny and had plenty to say, but it wasn't run by the club - it was a charity do where they auctioned off a load of stuff at the end

The rumour was always that he fell out with the club/Stuart Webb because they did not give him a testimonial game after he came back for his second spell at the end of his career?

No idea how true that is mind you - and we're several owners down the road nowadays so you can't imagine a grudge would run that deep

He did a few fans forums when he retired as a postie.

I’m sure he knows how much the fans love him, but maybe it’s not good for folk to continually want to talk about what you did 50 years ago. I’m just not sure he enjoys it, and he is 75.

alan Hinton gave him a bit of stick for not turning up to the thing at the Quad celebrating 50 years since the div 2 title. He said he’d come 5000 miles, whilst others couldn’t be bothered to come 2. But nothing will tarnish the memories. If he’d scored the chance he got in McMinns testimonial aged 62, I think the roof would have come off. 

long live the king. Even if he wants a quiet life. I’m sure we’ll see him in 2022. 

11 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I appreciate the King is a quiet, private man. And I cannot recall him ever being interviewed. However, I'm saddened to read comments on here that he doesn't have a great relationship with the club and that's why he's never been on RamsTV.

So @OwenB87 what gives?

I'm sure you've asked him. What reasons does he give for not appearing?

He seems to welcome @loweman2. Can you give any insight into the man.

Like many of the old ones on here, I'm sure, Kevin was and always will be my favourite player. I would love to hear his stories.

@OwenB87 please make it happen ?

I'm sure Gibbo has asked. As to why he hasn't appeared, I can't shed any light unfortunately.

54 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why is he called Zak?

In and around 1965-1968, there was a very average football-related TV series called "United". One of the players, Zack Bishop, was called "The King" by his team mates.

The players at Derby bestowed the honour on our own King Kev...hence "Zak" or "Zack".

Archived