Good news in dark times

Ramtastic ones

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am not sure why you think this is good news as the club were trying to make the cost of season tickets more affordable to their employees by spreading the cost of the ticket over a financial year via monthly deductions from employee paypackets. 

HMRC ruled that this is legitimate in some cases but not in the case of an employee buying a product offered by the employer. 

4 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Perhaps he should pay his staff more instead. Then they wouldn't dip below the minimum wage by having about £10 a week deducted from thier wages. 

How much does Mel Morris as an owner pay his staff in comparison to Gibson? Unless you are privy to the accounts at DCFC.

Point still stands that Gibson was doing it to try to look after his staff by spreading the cost of a season ticket. 

51 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much does Mel Morris as an owner pay his staff in comparison to Gibson? Unless you are privy to the accounts at DCFC.

Point still stands that Gibson was doing it to try to look after his staff by spreading the cost of a season ticket. 

Wrong he was forcing them to take on Credit agreement with interest, then this put them below the minimum wage.That is why it was illegal and what the duck is it to do with DCFC and what they pay.

1 minute ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Wrong he was forcing them to take on Credit agreement with interest, then this put them below the minimum wage.That is why it was illegal and what the duck is it to do with DCFC and what they pay.

As the OPs retort was if Boro had paid their staff more then Gibson wouldnt have got into this situation.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Actually Mel pays very well. My sons mates work in the corporate boxes and got £9 hour. Well above min wage for school kids 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think DCFC are a real living wage employer...so more the that

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Bad news is, if the season is written off, we’ll have to go to Boro again next season. Least if it carries on they might get relegated.

Good news if the season is written off - I will get my money back on Derby to finish in the top 4 

Archived