The Stars

Hello all. In these dark times there is still beauty to be found. As planes stop flying and factories shut down pollution is clearing. In the city the night sky is as clear as I can remember it. The stars provide wonder and hope. Tonight I saw the space station fly overhead, Orion can clearly be seen and above the moon you can see Venus shining brightly. Go outside, take a moment and reflect. Every cloud ...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Hello all. In these dark times there is still beauty to be found. As planes stop flying and factories shut down pollution is clearing. In the city the night sky is as clear as I can remember it. The stars provide wonder and hope. Tonight I saw the space station fly overhead, Orion can clearly be seen and above the moon you can see Venus shining brightly. Go outside, take a moment and reflect. Every cloud ...

My parents live in King's Newton, they have said several times that there are far more aircraft flying in these last few days. They will be flying in cargo rather than passengers I would assume.

7 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

This isn’t a thread of horoscopes? How disappointing?

I think you are Pisces, if so: You will spend a very quiet, reflective housebound day, which is a shame as you might feel you have a lot of energy. You may become tense accordingly, but remember that your loved ones will under a lot of stress too. Immerse yourself in things you like to watch or listen to, or perhaps complete a DIY job you might have been putting off. You may get a telephone call today from someone you haven’t spoken to for ages. Avoid drinking to an excess, it is never a solution.

Just in case you are Aries: You will spend a very quiet, reflective housebound day, which is a shame as you might feel you have a lot of energy. You may become tense accordingly, but remember that your loved ones will under a lot of stress too. Immerse yourself in things you like to watch or listen to, or perhaps complete a DIY job you might have been putting off. You may get a telephone call today from someone you haven’t spoken to for ages. Avoid drinking to an excess, it is never a solution.

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think you are Pisces, if so: You will spend a very quiet, reflective housebound day, which is a shame as you might feel you have a lot of energy. You may become tense accordingly, but remember that your loved ones will under a lot of stress too. Immerse yourself in things you like to watch or listen to, or perhaps complete a DIY job you might have been putting off. You may get a telephone call today from someone you haven’t spoken to for ages. Avoid drinking to an excess, it is never a solution.

Just in case you are Aries: You will spend a very quiet, reflective housebound day, which is a shame as you might feel you have a lot of energy. You may become tense accordingly, but remember that your loved ones will under a lot of stress too. Immerse yourself in things you like to watch or listen to, or perhaps complete a DIY job you might have been putting off. You may get a telephone call today from someone you haven’t spoken to for ages. Avoid drinking to an excess, it is never a solution.

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my £5 (card payment only, as can't be too careful nowadays)

I am indeed Pisces and will be embarking on DIY and clearing out & sorting the pantry, which has been a dumping ground ever since we moved here 6 years ago. 

• 3 months later...

I went outside a few minutes ago and beheld a bright light above the housetops. it was stationery and roughly due South.

On checking with my Skyview app I realised it was actually the planet Jupiter. 

Apparentlt tonight is the best night of the year for seeing Jupiter with the naked eye!

Amazing!

• 1 month later...

Archived