How old are you?

Bob The Badger

59, was hoping to have my big birthday in your fair town in October if all the little caronas duck off. I actually do more and feel younger than I did 30 years ago. Back to the mainland and realty in a couple of hours but it's been great stuck on a island for the last week.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

41 years spread over 6 decades having enjoyed the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's and now 20's. The 70's were my favourite. Simpler times.

My school year group are either born in Sep-Dec 1999 or Jan-Aug 2000. Naturally, being born in October 1999, I tell all those born in 2000 how great it was in the 90s. 

6 hours ago, philmycocu said:

Weird that I presumed everyone on here was 18-30! 

That is weird, have you not seen the matchday threads? Young people wouldn’t moan that much.

I’ve seen kids react better to being told they can’t have any sweets in the supermarket than this forum when we concede a goal ?

9 hours ago, Coolascustard said:

Thank God for downstairs toilets!!

Yeah, That's alright for the wealthy, where that downstairs loo is a spare!

Spare a thought for us oldies who need a 3am wee every night, and only have a downstairs bathroom!  ?

70.75, Victor Meldrew is my role model, and I am known to have a moan about stuff, but actually I'm basically cheerful and very rarely down about important things

Learned after a bit of a breakdown in my 20,s to only worry about things you can do something about. (I'm not trying to tell those struggling to snap out of it or anything. I wouldn't presume so much), its just my coping strategy.

19 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've no clue why on earth I thought this, but until fairly recently I presumed I was an outlier being 57 and actually using a message board.

But a few conversations on Derby games and music made me realize that there are way more Boomers and Genx Xers than I imagoned.

So, how old are ya?

Your Prince Andrew and I claim my 5 pounds

1 minute ago, Turk Thrust said:

Born 1946. 8 and a bit months after Derby won the FA Cup. My dad went to Wembley. Strange that.  

So you think that while your "dad" was at Wembley your mum..........

ah, wait. So your dad "celebrated" the cup win when he got home. Got it now.

Archived