Bob The Badger

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramit said:

59 going on 40

something

I'm 57 going on 25.

I went to pick a curry up the other night. It was a gorgeous evening here in Florida and I had the windows down and had a Sasha album blaring out.

It suddenly dawned on me that I was the person I'd have laughed at when I was 25 for being a saddo.

So I turned it up a tad more and thought duck 'em.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

44 on the birth certificate.

22 in my head.

11 in education and reasoning.

this surprises me. Your wit made me think you older, not only months older than me!

I'm also surprised that I appear to be in the younger half, maybe in the younger third of the forum.

44 n July.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

With your current illness, I hope you don’t join Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse!

Oof - I hadn't even thought of that. 

hopefully that curse doesn't apply for the irrelevant folks of the world ? 

32 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

this surprises me. Your wit made me think you older, not only months older than me!

I'm also surprised that I appear to be in the younger half, maybe in the younger third of the forum.

44 n July.

Old before me time mate.

1 minute ago, Coolascustard said:

49 but still think I’m 18 until my body gives me a gentle reminder

You know you're getting old when you nip upstairs for a piss, then think you might as well treat yourself to a sit down while you're there.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm 57 going on 25.

I went to pick a curry up the other night. It was a gorgeous evening here in Florida and I had the windows down and had a Sasha album blaring out.

It suddenly dawned on me that I was the person I'd have laughed at when I was 25 for being a saddo.

So I turned it up a tad more and thought duck 'em.

I once saw Robert Plant driving round Mevagissey in Cornwall listening to his own cd Magic Nirvana full blast with the top down .  People who met him generally seem to think he's an pretty down to earth bloke , but seems you might have a way to go to match his sadness in the volume up in a car stakes.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I once saw Robert Plant driving round Mevagissey in Cornwall listening to his own cd Magic Nirvana full blast with the top down .  People who met him generally seem to think he's an pretty down to earth bloke , but seems you might have a way to go to match his sadness in the volume up in a car stakes.

I met him and his bodyguard/personal assistant by chance when they just turned up at the Students Union one night and wanted to see the band that was playing. I was on the door. Polite, approachable and no airs and graces. Probably the most famous person I will ever meet. 

I am 60 by the way.

9 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I met him and his bodyguard/personal assistant by chance when they just turned up at the Students Union one night and wanted to see the band that was playing. I was on the door. Polite, approachable and no airs and graces. Probably the most famous person I will ever meet. 

I am 60 by the way.

I did hear he's a very nice bloke from someone who worked behind the bar at the Blue Note on Sadler gate .  Seemed he played a solo gig there not long after Led Zeppelin finished. Very friendly, chatted to the customers, signed a few 45's for the staff after etc.  Hard to imagine someone that big at the time playing a venue as small as the Blue Note but Derby appeared to be a bit of a favourite for up and coming bands and established acts looking to do something new around that time .

Archived