Worst signing ever

Seaside Ram

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Worst signings for me wasn't a player, it was Clement and Pearson. They both wasted money bringing in average players on a lot of money, who didn't improve the standard of the existing squad.

No manager since clough have improved the standard imo

Derek Hales just didn't live up to the billing...he was going to be the next England no 9 (and we broke the English transfer record). I was a disappointed 10 year old

Remember his first goal though - replay in the 3rd round of the cup - bent it beautifully round the keeper...someone might put that on here please - but he didn't kick on from there

in the old era - Leighton James wasn't that great for a big signing, Alan Biley didn't do what we thought he could do

new era  - to many to think about - but Claude Davis, Mikkel Beck and Raul Albentosa......were pretty crap

On 25/03/2020 at 07:05, Tombo said:

Hard to look past Nick Blackman. Same kind of money. Fewer appearances, 1 goal. Took us years to shift.

I'm sure if Anya could stay fit he would be some use. He had a decent cross on him and a bit of pace.

Nick Blackman was stealing a living as a footballer. Zero ability on the football pitch. Can't think of a single flash of quality or talent he ever displayed.

What substance do we think clement was on when he decided he would be a good signing ... I mean really 

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Mo Camara 

Not a chance in hell. Hardly any goals we conceded came down that left side. He may have been crud going forward, but when comparing to McEveley and Stewart, their supposed attacking prowess didn’t offset the defensive frailties. 

For me, i judge by what was expected and the hype when they arrive, moreso than fee or wages. 

Albrechtsen, Fagan, Pearson (no, he didn’t score at Wembley!), Teale, Davis, Peteplotkins, Costa (the next Figo), Grenet (the next Thuram!), Laurent Robert, Andy Griffin all spring to mind. I was also frustrated with Benito Carbone. Played/tried hard, just had no luck. 

50 minutes ago, David said:

Unbelievable that you have all not got the correct answer after 4 pages of guesses.

The correct answer is Robbie Savage.

Savage played over 100 games over 3 years with Derby. During those bleak seasons, Savage was ok for us. 

On 26/03/2020 at 13:32, Bob Gnarly said:

I don't agree with that. Personally I thought at the start of the season when he got the chance to play he did well. Technically sound and offers more than FloJo ever has. Paterson contributed to a few goals too. 

Harsh to brand him as bad as some of the previously quoted names. 

More along the lines of dirty red dog 

Agent Paterson, sent from Bristol to de rail a season ??

I just don't like him, or red dogs, or Bristol City.... Perfect storm

I genuinely think its the most clueless signing of the past 20 years. All of jewells were better... 

On 26/03/2020 at 21:18, irobinson said:

Remember his first goal though - replay in the 3rd round of the cup - bent it beautifully round the keeper...someone might put that on here please - but he didn't kick on from there

This one? Our defending from corners looks somehow familiar..

10 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

This one? Our defending from corners looks somehow familiar..

Boulton flapped at that didn’t he!!

Leighton James looked lively in this - amazing

think the crowd couldn’t believe it when Derek had scored !! Went a bit quiet. I seemed to remember that we had waited ages for that first goal. Good finish though I have to admit 

Archived