Derby vs Crystal Palace, BBG, Matchthread

Carl Sagan

Who's heading to the Baseball Ground tonight for the season decider? If we win we're there. Promotion. Finally.

Yes we've had our epic unbeaten run, but there've been way too many draws of late and Palace have come up on the rails into 3rd spot.

If we win, mathematically we can't be caught. It would be amazing. But Nigel Martyn looks simply unbeatable at the moment, and hasn't conceded a goal in five and half hours of football.

I'm going to be there on the popside. If you don't have a time machine and for some reason can't travel back to 1996, you can still watch as live on Rams TV, which is showing the full 90 minutes. Show starts at 7.40pm.

Some say with time being the fourth dimension that the Universe is one continuous present with everything that ever was, is now, or will be to come (what I call the Cosmos) existing at once. What do you think? And what team do you think the mighty Bald Eagle (RiP) will pick?

Come on you Rams!??

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Who's heading to the Baseball Ground tonight for the season decider? If we win we're there. Promotion. Finally.

Yes we've had our epic unbeaten run, but there've been way too many draws of late and Palace have come up on the rails into 3rd spot.

If we win, mathematically we can't be caught. It would be amazing. But Nigel Martyn looks simply unbeatable at the moment, and hasn't conceded a goal in five and half hours of football.

I'm going to be there on the popside. If you don't have a time machine and for some reason can't travel back to 1996, you can still watch as live on Rams TV, which is showing the full 90 minutes. Show starts at 7.40pm.

Some say with time being the fourth dimension that the Universe is one continuous present with everything that ever was, is now, or will be to come (what I call the Cosmos) existing at once. What do you think? And what team do you think the mighty Bald Eagle (RiP) will pick?

Come on you Rams!??

I was there. 31 years old. 3 pints of Pedigree pre-match at the Oast House, then a slow meander down to the BBG. Wow! What a memory. The air was fizzing with electrons {one for @Carl Sagan} and the adrenaline was pumping. It was a sultry and warm day and I wore my black Butka top. It was a Sunday and I just kept thinking...if we win...shall I get hammered after the game ...or drive back down to Bristol? Brilliant atmosphere as we entered the Pop side...lots of Palace fans and a carnival atmosphere...the sort of moment when you want time to stand still so that you can just take it all in ...

Archived