Forum Zoom Meetup

David

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Doubtful you’ll get the fit appointment. We are waiting guidance from NHS England, but it looks like all Dental Practices will be closed with emergency patients going to special centres where they have all the protective equipment. Might be worth ringing now and seeing what the situation is ?

Good luck mate.

The wife of someone at work is a dental surgeon. From the sounds of it, all appointments with her have been cancelled so she can provide some sort of help for the Covid crisis.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I need 4 to 5 theeth taken out but got to be knock out under sleeping gas.

Watch out mate. It’s brings to mind Frank Skinners story of his visit to the dentist for extractions under GA and when he got undressed later that night his underpants were on inside out.?

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Doubtful you’ll get the fit appointment. We are waiting guidance from NHS England, but it looks like all Dental Practices will be closed with emergency patients going to special centres where they have all the protective equipment. Might be worth ringing now and seeing what the situation is ?

Good luck mate.

It’s been cancelled ?

They rang earlier, the lab where my permanent tooth is being made has gone into lockdown and the dentist is on emergency only now.

If the temp falls out, can go in and get it put back same day, Mon-Thurs. Soup only Friday to Sunday!

Hi David,

I don’t think they would classify it as an emergency if your temp comes off, as difficult for you as it would be. If you can get hold of a pharmacy sold temp cement, you could stick it back on yourself....? Try dentanurse you get cement and the necessary tools, could set up your own surgery .

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Hi David,

I don’t think they would classify it as an emergency if your temp comes off, as difficult for you as it would be. If you can get hold of a pharmacy sold temp cement, you could stick it back on yourself....? Try dentanurse you get cement and the necessary tools, could set up your own surgery .

Sell it in Sainsbury's too. 

In fact @David, I think I've got a pot in the 1st aid box if you come unstuck, I'll pop it in the post.

57 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Hi David,

45 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Sell it in Sainsbury's too. 

In fact @David, I think I've got a pot in the 1st aid box if you come unstuck, I'll pop it in the post.

Cheers Revil, but I’ve spoke to them this morning and she said if it fell out they’ll get me straight in, no trouble at all as they are on emergency appointments only. I’m at a private dentist so it’s not got the demand a NHS practice has. 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Zoom is riddled with privacy issues. The megacorp I work for ditched it. It doesn’t need to know what I’m doing on my computer at all times, what apps I’m running and what windows are in focus. 

Haven’t downloaded it yet, but if it has a screen sharing option, might be why they need access to that 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Haven’t downloaded it yet, but if it has a screen sharing option, might be why they need access to that 

It (until very recently) installed its own server on the users computer to bypass and view the users webcam without permission. No thank you!

Archived