Forum Zoom Meetup

David

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I've never seen it, but had to look it up because I thought that Ringo Starr was the narrator. Sad news all the same ?

How have you never seen Thomas the Tank Engine???

It’s top tier kids tv, the gold standard, don’t let the fact it’s trains put you off

4 minutes ago, David said:

It’s top tier kids tv, the gold standard, don’t let the fact it’s trains put you off

??‍♂️
It began in 1984, when I was already in my 20s. Nothing wrong with watching kids programs but as I didn't have any around me who were watching it I never even saw a few minutes. I just happened to know that Ringo Starr had narrated it.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

??‍♂️
It began in 1984, when I was already in my 20s. Nothing wrong with watching kids programs but as I didn't have any around me who were watching it I never even saw a few minutes. I just happened to know that Ringo Starr had narrated it.

The books were about since the 60’s I think?

Ringo was the first narrator of the tv series. When he jacked in they got another Scouser.

It was all model railways at first. But now it’s all CGI.

Not the same for a Hornby fan.

2 hours ago, David said:

Not just trains since they ran out of the original stories and had to expand.

Bertie the Bus, Cranky the Crane, Harold the Helicopter and a host of other alliterative forms of transport!

24 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not just trains since they ran out of the original stories and had to expand.

Bertie the Bus, Cranky the Crane, Harold the Helicopter and a host of other alliterative forms of transport!

Cranky the crane was a disaster waiting to happen, he’d drop his load anywhere.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

The books were about since the 60’s I think?

Ringo was the first narrator of the tv series. When he jacked in they got another Scouser.

It was all model railways at first. But now it’s all CGI.

Not the same for a Hornby fan.

Oh my!  I had to read that last line twice. Such a relief to see the letter b in there!

I'm not going to be able to make it this week, unfortunately.

Apparently it's not the done thing on our 10th Anniversary or some such nonsense. I would quite like to get to 11 years, though......

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Apparently it's not the done thing on our 10th Anniversary or some such nonsense. I would quite like to get to 11 years, though......

Bring her with you, we don’t mind outsiders

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

My 12th wedding anniversary tomorrow.  I’ll be at the quiz, being the man of the house.

Music Video Party GIF by Taylor Swift

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

My 12th wedding anniversary tomorrow.  I’ll be at the quiz, being the man of the house.

Music Video Party GIF by Taylor Swift

Ssshhh, if I say too much, she might remember about the Eternity ring "promise" I apparently made and which has not been mentioned in quite a while.

I may lose this battle but I'm still in the war.

Archived