Forum Zoom Meetup

David

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I will double your score to make up for Leanne’s absence (pleased that things may be returning to normal’ish for her).

The quiz is pretty much prepared, and this week I would encourage everyone to turn up with a calculator which would be useful for one round.

Hope @sage can get off his lazy arse this week too, and that @richinspain is back from his holiday. New quizzers welcomed.

Just a weekend away, but as it's only half an hour away we'll probably be going again this weekend. I shall try to organise myself to be there though.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/05/2020 at 10:07, i-Ram said:

I will double your score to make up for Leanne’s absence (pleased that things may be returning to normal’ish for her).

The quiz is pretty much prepared, and this week I would encourage everyone to turn up with a calculator which would be useful for one round.

Hope @sage can get off his lazy arse this week too, and that @richinspain is back from his holiday. New quizzers welcomed.

No worries - I've got a calculator one on the smartphone I use to Google all the questions......oh......er.......?

Looking forward to catching up later with everyone who wants to participate. Might have a good number this week it would seem. Quiz could involve up to 60 questions, depends how much you are enjoying it, and I am proposing we get that going at 5.10/5.15 which gives everyone running a bit late some chance to fully participate, and those who are super keen and are in the room at 5.00 some minutes to have a chat, organise yourselves, etc.

A CALCULATOR IS RECOMMENDED for one round, but not absolutely essential. It might be useful also for you to think which one of these rounds might suit you best to score points (as this week I am proposing that there is a Joker Card which you can use to double your points in one particular round).   Subject rounds: Memorable Football Games, Conundrums, Beat the Intro, Spain, Trains and stuff, Numbers, ‘Grim” things, Nigel Clough, Music Lyrics, and ‘general’ General Knowledge.

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Looking forward to catching up later with everyone who wants to participate. Might have a good number this week it would seem. Quiz could involve up to 60 questions, depends how much you are enjoying it, and I am proposing we get that going at 5.10/5.15 which gives everyone running a bit late some chance to fully participate, and those who are super keen and are in the room at 5.00 some minutes to have a chat, organise yourselves, etc.

A CALCULATOR IS RECOMMENDED for one round, but not absolutely essential. It might be useful also for you to think which one of these rounds might suit you best to score points (as this week I am proposing that there is a Joker Card which you can use to double your points in one particular round).   Subject rounds: Memorable Football Games, Conundrums, Beat the Intro, Spain, Trains and stuff, Numbers, ‘Grim” things, Nigel Clough, Music Lyrics, and ‘general’ General Knowledge.

Spain you say 

image.png

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

stanley cup playoffs facepalm GIF by NHL

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm just coming for a chat! 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bummer. I have been roped into attending some sort of social on the cul de sac which is just starting so likely to be late for quiz this evening. I'll join in when I can folks. 

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Won’t make it I’m afraid,next week hopefully ☹️

Look what happens soon as you mention you need a calculator @i-Ram

Archived