Canberra Raiders 2020

Stagtime

3 hours ago, 2tups said:

The interception changed the game and surprised GW had the legs. Roosters will be a challenge, but think it will end up with the Panthers and Storm. We’ll soon see !

I agree, would take a huge effort just to get to the GF. I thought GW would get run down for sure but he was pulling away. Didn’t know he was that quick. Going to be hard to replace Bateman next year but any bloke that forgoes money to be with his daughter will always have my respect.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 2tups said:

Thought Josh Papali and his pals in the middle were outstanding. That commitment next week and they will have a chance.

Papa and Tapine have stood up all season. I thought after Hodgo went down the forwards might struggle but they have been immense. Feel sorry for Ryan Sutton being injured again coming into the finals.

Guessing that the first 20 mins were a tough watch @Stagtime. Top attacking team, feeling  at home in Queensland (bizarrely) and everything stuck. Not the best sign off for John Bateman, but at least they didn’t lie down or  go home wondering. Think the Storm might edge the Panthers, assuming the latter win tomorrow but we’ll see. 

Hope you enjoyed some of it at least. ?

9 hours ago, 2tups said:

Guessing that the first 20 mins were a tough watch @Stagtime. Top attacking team, feeling  at home in Queensland (bizarrely) and everything stuck. Not the best sign off for John Bateman, but at least they didn’t lie down or  go home wondering. Think the Storm might edge the Panthers, assuming the latter win tomorrow but we’ll see. 

Hope you enjoyed some of it at least. ?

Yeah mate, wasn’t the best of matches but fair play to the Storm. I was in the second front row and when Johneh came back after Cotric’s second try late in the game he got a standing ovation and he was quite emotional, sad to see him go. The best thing was they never gave up but onwards and upwards for next season. It was the largest live crowd in the world since Covid so hats off to everyone.

On 17/10/2020 at 08:25, Stagtime said:

Yeah mate, wasn’t the best of matches but fair play to the Storm. I was in the second front row and when Johneh came back after Cotric’s second try late in the game he got a standing ovation and he was quite emotional, sad to see him go. The best thing was they never gave up but onwards and upwards for next season. It was the largest live crowd in the world since Covid so hats off to everyone.

Prediction for Sunday ? I'm going Storm by 10. Tight first half and a moment of brilliance from the Melbourne back three to decide it. 

Good mood after Cas woke up against East Hull and Greg Eden had a stormer. With apologies to @Inverurie Ram who is a very fine fella.

Archived