Sign in to follow this  
bimmerman

If anybody is struggling for work at the moment cos of this crisis...

If anyone is struggling for income at this time of madness, most retail supermarkets are desperately crying out for relief workers to support 

Picking, stacking stock, clearing cardboard

Lidl, aldi, tesco, sainsburys to name a few

Just thought it's worth a look if you are struggling

Apparently a similar situation out in the fields.  

No fruit and veg on the shelves, as it's all rotting away in the ground, due to all the pickers going home before the international travel ban!

OK, maybe a slight exaggeration by me, but Farmers are apparently crying out for pickers? 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Apparently a similar situation out in the fields.  

No fruit and veg on the shelves, as it's all rotting away in the ground, due to all the pickers going home before the international travel ban!

OK, maybe a slight exaggeration by me, but Farmers are apparently crying out for pickers? 

I worked in farmers fields from 12 to 18yrs old never did me any harm

Like the old days get the teenagers in the fields bring in the harvest (at a safe distance a part, of course). They have quite a bit of time on there hands. They could even do some picking while on their phones. 

We grow cauli, leeks and daffodils, caulis harvested all year round and leeks almost all, Daffs are just about finished for the year.

haven't lost any staff they all stayed here though half of them are local anyway. Spud packing factory on the other hand has had to effectively double production so they've taken on a lot of cafe/pub workers/students for the short term or until people stop panic buying. Seasonal fruit and veg, strawberries, apples, broccoli, kale etc will be looking for staff if travel bans are in place still, veg planting season is coming up shortly too so there will likely be people looking for staff in the coming months

I've been lucky,working as a decorator work has been quiet since xmas,but this month has been busy and I have a couple of weeks work booked in.

Just hope people having had re assurances about wages will keep work flowing, as being self  employed am unintitled  to any benefits or council tax reductions.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Might have known you’d be the one to dunk a pun in...

No half baked ones from me mate.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Do you have to be an early riser?

I'd have torte so, yeah!  Up with the Birds, probably.