Look after eldley noubiours or sick.

B4ev6is

There old man top of our street often check if he is okay or needs any shopping doing but he said no lad I am good thankyou his daughter took him other day. But he lost his wife last summer and said to him if need just come and knock our door and he ill with cancer. Oftem offer take his dogs for a walk if feels he can not do it. Now I been stood down I got nrothing else to do.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very kind of you to even think to help him mate. I think a lot of old folk especially are limiting contact to close family only at the moment. Keep an eye on him as best you can. I'm sure he appreciates your offer even if he does not take you up on it right now. 

I help anybody if I can done for compelte strangers if old lady or old man if I see them struggleing often say to them pass that here carry it for you. If want dropping at gate or by front door. They often give me a look not going mug me are you and I say to them not all of us like that you know. I been taught respect my elders which seems put them at ease.

We were umming and ahhing about asking our neighbour if he wanted help. He's only in his 70's I reckon but he does have Parkinson's. We didn't want to offend him by asking but he was really grateful and he's really worried about it all. Very glad we asked now.

I asked my mum, also in her 70's the same thing and she nearly knocked me out. Changed her tune later today tho when she was moaning that she couldn't get any potatoes anywhere and I sent her a photo of this haul from me local farm shop!

Screenshot_20200319-011355_Gallery.thumb.jpg.58b4c758b3fbf73afe6896435af939c3.jpg

Had to go back and hook her up with some fresh veg dint I?

6 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

We were umming and ahhing about asking our neighbour if he wanted help. He's only in his 70's I reckon but he does have Parkinson's. We didn't want to offend him by asking but he was really grateful and he's really worried about it all. Very glad we asked now.

I asked my mum, also in her 70's the same thing and she nearly knocked me out. Changed her tune later today tho when she was moaning that she couldn't get any potatoes anywhere and I sent her a photo of this haul from me local farm shop!

Screenshot_20200319-011355_Gallery.thumb.jpg.58b4c758b3fbf73afe6896435af939c3.jpg

Had to go back and hook her up with some fresh veg dint I?

Think I would take my chances rather than let you go shopping for me ?

6 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was all up for this b4, until I realised that in our little road, I AM the elderly neighbour!!

Where are all the lazy dockers who are going to pop out and get my shopping?

?

Can I pretend I’m doing your shopping anyway purely as a selfless act of friendship and then post it all over social media for the likes?

Are you over 90? Cus I’ll get loads of likes for that init. 

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

Can I pretend I’m doing your shopping anyway purely as a selfless act of friendship and then post it all over social media for the likes?

Are you over 90? Cus I’ll get loads of likes for that init. 

Do it online pal and get some covid riddled unfortunate to do the heavy lifting. 

Likes from the comfort of your laz-e-boy?

I'm 21 and a few months old.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived