Mike te Wierik to play for Derby this season?

GB SPORTS

If we do get football back by June or July, how nice it'll be to go to games in shorts and t-shirt and warm weather, followed by a month shutdown and into next season.

Scrap the league cup, scrap replays in the FA Cup, scrap International Friendly weekends and aim to get back on track for the Euros 2021.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

But i would have thought the opposite "season long loan"meaning exactly that, the dates given as that would be the length of time when a "normal"season is brought to conclusion as they would no longer need the services of the player.

You could well be right.  I've no idea if truth be told.  ?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

If we do get football back by June or July, how nice it'll be to go to games in shorts and t-shirt and warm weather, followed by a month shutdown and into next season.

Scrap the league cup, scrap replays in the FA Cup, scrap International Friendly weekends and aim to get back on track for the Euros 2021.

I'll be amazed if we... the fans... are back that soon.  Who the hell is gonna be brave enough to say "Hey, It is now safe for you to go to the football with 30k+ others".

That's some responsibility!  

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'll be amazed if we... the fans... are back that soon.  Who the hell is gonna be brave enough to say "Hey, It is now safe for you to go to the football with 30k+ others".

That's some responsibility!  

I was trying to be positive ?

On 16/03/2020 at 21:10, Millenniumram said:

This is one of the biggest dilemmas that football authorities are currently facing. I would expect they will move the transfer window to coincide with whenever pre season is for next season, which will leave us unable to register anyone new for the reminder of the season. Contracts are more complex though, and I would expect that Te Wierik will become our player on July 1st as planned, just not registered to play in the league. He would still be registered to feature for Groningen though as there wouldn’t have been as registration window since his move. I would imagine the solution in this case, and in general, will be to create temporary loans of players back to the teams they have left until the end of the season - but being paid the terms of their new contract. So Te Wierik would rejoin Groningen on loan from us until the end of the season, and complete the campaign there, whilst officially contracted to us.

Hell do an acl on that loan knowing our luck

The player contract issue is a complicated one as some players might not want a temporary extension to their contract and there will be some players that the clubs will want shut of as soon as their contract is up unlikely that the season will finish by 30th June now.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Players will surely have the power here. And rightly so I’d argue.

You would hope that all players would understand the situation was beyond the clubs control, agree to a short extension to cover the end of the season. 

Any player that chooses the legal route to get out of a club could potentially be ending their career if clubs came to a collective agreement to not touch these players with a barge pole.

10 minutes ago, David said:

You would hope that all players would understand the situation was beyond the clubs control, agree to a short extension to cover the end of the season. 

Any player that chooses the legal route to get out of a club could potentially be ending their career if clubs came to a collective agreement to not touch these players with a barge pole.

Oh I agree. I hope they're understanding. But it wouldn't be right to hold them to ransom when, technically, they've fulfilled their contract.

24 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If we're arguing about the finer legal points of contract law isn't that your bailiwick. 

Perhaps, but I imagine it's more closely related to employment law, which I haven't done. There will definitely have to be some sort of specific arrangement though - they won't be able to continue playing indefinitely without another agreement.

Sith Happens

Fifa are looking to put something in place that moves the usual contract end date of 30/06 to the end of the season whenever that is. No idea if it will be compulsory on both parties side, but if they do it they should also implement a rule that means no signings to. That way if a player wants to clear off they may have second thoughts if no one can sign them.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, jake the ram said:

Type in contagion on sky.watch this film you will then have some idea about what football will be played this year.???

Apparently ITV have been criticised for showing this, and people have complained. Maybe those people could have chosen something from the other hundreds of channels to watch. 160 people complained to OFCOM....

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Apparently ITV have been criticised for showing this, and people have complained. Maybe those people could have chosen something from the other hundreds of channels to watch. 160 people complained to OFCOM....

I was bored!image.gif.d5fa970d088c04fc89bd3459e63bc732.gif

17 hours ago, David said:

But what about the other way round should clubs extend the contracts of players they have no intention of playing in the rest of the season? 

Sith Happens
Just now, rustylee said:

But what about the other way round should clubs extend the contracts of players they have no intention of playing in the rest of the season? 

Yes if they have no opportunity to sign for anyone else 

Archived