As there’s no football, let’s make a list of Derby related content to watch

TuffLuff

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17 March 2020 at 17:09, SamUltraRam said:

Here is a link to my YouTube channel - over 500 videos

Pick a season & enjoy !! ( & subscribe ready for when I can get my hands on some more DVDs )

https://www.youtube.com/user/melinos55/playlists

Great stuff on here @SamUltraRam and it reminds me of the videos I used to have and gave away on here.

It's great that many folk like yourself and @cannable have spent many hours transferring videos and DVD's on to You Tube for all of us to enjoy. Some great local news clips that bring back great memories. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Great stuff on here @SamUltraRam and it reminds me of the videos I used to have and gave away on here.

It's great that many folk like yourself and @cannable have spent many hours transferring videos and DVD's on to You Tube for all of us to enjoy. Some great local news clips that bring back great memories. Thank you.

Thanks for that, it has definitely taken many, many hours to do but it's been worth every minute.

I guess it's my legacy to the fans present & future so that there's always a record of our history.

Recording BBC Midlands Today & Central News on VHS was worth it after all !!

And remember if any of you have season DVDs from missing seasons then please PM me 

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Don’t thank me mate, I was just a sad student with nothing to do but watch Derby videos during the day and drink at night ?

I keep seeing snippets of the conversation between - arguably - our best two managers: Jim and Brian, sorry I mean Mr. Smith and Mr. Clough. There's a couple of snippets in the RamsTV tributes to Brian's birthday and there was one in the video following Jim's passing recently.

Has anyone got the whole thing? It would be a great watch. 

I think someone pointed me at Midlands today but, again, I could only find a brief snippet. I think it was recorded at the time of Pride Park opening and the two of them are chewing the cud in an executive box.

On 29 March 2020 at 16:48, Inverurie Ram said:

I was watching 86/87 season on @SamUltraRam links and great to see Gordon Guthrie wearing the light blue Patrick Cagoole I had as a teenager. I also had one in dark blue, white and red.

I was watching 87/88 season on @SamUltraRam links and great to see Roy McFarland wearing the dark blue, white and red Patrick Cagoole I had as a teenager.

image.jpeg

watched this a great days ago and was struck by the point of how many goals Russell scored with pin point accuracy or just good striking. Not many deflections or scuffs.

Makes you start to think we didn’t use him to his best ability whilst here.

On 30/03/2020 at 13:04, IslandExile said:

I keep seeing snippets of the conversation between - arguably - our best two managers: Jim and Brian, sorry I mean Mr. Smith and Mr. Clough. There's a couple of snippets in the RamsTV tributes to Brian's birthday and there was one in the video following Jim's passing recently.

Has anyone got the whole thing? It would be a great watch. 

I think someone pointed me at Midlands today but, again, I could only find a brief snippet. I think it was recorded at the time of Pride Park opening and the two of them are chewing the cud in an executive box.

I have this on DVD. Was part of a 6 DVD set called something like "The Complete Derby County volume 1".

It's brilliant. Basically 95% Cloughie with Jim sneaking the odd comment in when Brian paused for breath.

I have no idea how to share it unfortunately but sure someone will have it in a virtual format.

Some great background clips of Derby for those who might be a bit nostalgic for it. Remember being abroad and having a bit of a freak out moment seeing Duckworth Square (of course, no longer there) splayed up on the wall of a bar in Prague.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 14:28, Danelaw Rams said:

Found this, sums up  the 80s watching Derby perfectly. Not a call for the bad old days,  but I wouldn't change a thing. 

Sure that's Tim Brooke-Taylor in that video, just after the ginger haired lad puts out his fag and the camera pans along . about one minute 17 secs in.  He's got a cap on.  If not it's his double.

On 24/03/2020 at 14:07, simsdcfc said:

im looking for the full leeds v Derby play off stream

The match is being shown in full on Rams TV/DCFC website today at 3pm today  (it will be available afterwards too but not sure how long it’ll be available for).

It’s free to watch but you need to have a DCFC website account.

Archived