As there’s no football, let’s make a list of Derby related content to watch

TuffLuff

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Fiction. Not liked by the Clough family because of its inaccuracies and portrayal of the great man.

TBF it was the book that that upset the Clough family which gave a dark & troubled portrayal of Brian.

The film was far more cheerful

If anyone fancies reading a book that gives a different angle to the Clough years I recommend "Clough's War" by Don Shaw.

Don Shaw was a local journalist who was very close to the management & playing staff. He gives a fascinating insight into what happened at the time of Clough's resignation & the proposed strike by the players - and sadly the regret that Clough felt at what he'd left behind

Something a bit different but heres a decent article from 2015 about Cocu’s playing and managerial career to that date.

Quite funny them guessing about where his future lies but gives a good insight into his personality, his style and what he will want to do here.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2478985-phillip-cocu-why-psv-eindhovens-boss-is-the-coming-man-of-european-management.amp.html

I've got an old Betamax pirate video that I presume is DCFC related, going by the title.  I won't write the title on here as it's a family site, and it references love making, but it has a picture of a young ruddy-faced Farm Hand on the front cover, along with two sheep, and a pair of over-sized wellies.

PM me if you want to borrow it.

PS:
I can only presume the aforementioned Farm Hand went on to play for us?  

56 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've got an old Betamax pirate video that I presume is DCFC related, going by the title.  I won't write the title on here as it's a family site, and it references love making, but it has a picture of a young ruddy-faced Farm Hand on the front cover, along with two sheep, and a pair of over-sized wellies.

PM me if you want to borrow it.

PS:
I can only presume the aforementioned Farm Hand went on to play for us?  

At least he scored regularly.

On 17/03/2020 at 13:06, cannable said:

I made a video of all of our team goals from Clough to Wassall during one summer off from uni. Always thought it showed that Clough DID play good football and it was just the nuances that held him back. 

I just know I'm going to watch this every single day over the next few weeks. top work.

Some of those goals makes me realise just how good we actually were for 14 months under McClaren.

6 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

I just know I'm going to watch this every single day over the next few weeks. top work.

Some of those goals makes me realise just how good we actually were for 14 months under McClaren.

I’m a bit annoyed because I never realised that the fourth against Brighton (if you count the quick free-kick) was a 27 pass goal until after I’d made this ?

Never realised how much of a sliding doors moment it would be a fortnight later…

@cannable great video of so many great Derby team goals and it highlights so many positives of those times including the national commentators praising our goals but unfortunately also highlights the local commentators caught out so many times when the move starts off and they are on a negative moan, and then the football is played out and they are made to look rather foolish when the Derby players do their talking on the pitch.

Up The Rams

Sorry I kinda had a weekend off the internet.

Anyway I’m sharing DCFC moment of the day because I always liked Conor and I think some make him out to be worse than he was. Lovely little run this, perfect pass from Hughes too.

A great day out it was.

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

Possibly the worst footballer I've ever seen in a Derby shirt - and we've had some shockers. Even that goal, look at the horrendous technique of striking that ball.

I actually thought when he was involved in instances like that, when he didn't have sufficient time to think about a chance that he did better.  It's when he had a second or so waiting for the ball to arrive, he completely lost his arse...  His movement was always good...

I've just noticed I've gone a bit hot, and feel woozy...  What was I saying

Archived