Bored

ossieram

Blimey can’t folk think of anything else to do.

why not remove the engine from the wife’s car, and take it apart just to check it’s all ok? 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Haven't been up Ripley in years. Do the  Tonkers' bouncers still sell black socks for a fiver to put over your trainers so it looks like you're wearing shoes?

Not a clue tbh.

Mrs Coconut's parents live here and aside from one drink in the awful Ripley's Little Ale House this is the only current* pub I've been in here. It helps that there are quite a few stronger beers on draught  and in can.

*I went to The Talbot under the previous ownership (post Amber Ales because they were ducking poo) but that has since closed, and is quite far from the town centre.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Blimey can’t folk think of anything else to do.

why not remove the engine from the wife’s car, and take it apart just to check it’s all ok? 

I tidied my shed. Does that count ?

I'm going to launch an assault on my bookshelf. 

It's the history of mathematics by Carl Boyer this weekend. An old university text that I promised myself I'd revisit.

I'm now passable acquainted with the differences between the Egyptian hieroglyphics, hieratic and demotic forms of number depiction.

Unlike our strictly decimal numeric system the Egyptians used a mixture of base 20 and base 5.

At this rate I'll be clear of Corona, but quite possibly the saddest conversational individual around.....?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's the history of mathematics by Carl Boyer this weekend. An old university text that I promised myself I'd revisit.

I'm now passable acquainted with the differences between the Egyptian hieroglyphics, hieratic and demotic forms of number depiction.

Unlike our strictly decimal numeric system the Egyptians used a mixture of base 20 and base 5.

At this rate I'll be clear of Corona, but quite possibly the saddest conversational individual around.....?

That’s really interesting, I’m not a mathematician but I thought the 12 base was the ancient one, on the basis that 12 was divisible by the greater number of whole numbers 1/2/3/4/6/12 ? 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s really interesting, I’m not a mathematician but I thought the 12 base was the ancient one, on the basis that 12 was divisible by the greater number of whole numbers 1/2/3/4/6/12 ? 

I'm now on the Mesopotamia chapter and they used base 60 for that reason. And they had a place value system. They also had a notion of "irregular" fractions like 1/3 and 1/7 but not  seemingly,  a notion of infinite series.

Interestingly, the Egyptian mathematics was very much about algebra and applied algebra, rather than geometry. 

Its interesting and I think we should get some input from @Millenniumram.......?

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Stop right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you could convert Pi from 64 decimal places into binary!

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Kill me now.

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm now on the Mesopotamia chapter and they used base 60 for that reason. And they had a place value system. They also had a notion of "irregular" fractions like 1/3 and 1/7 but not  seemingly,  a notion of infinite series.

Interestingly, the Egyptian mathematics was very much about algebra and applied algebra, rather than geometry. 

Its interesting and I think we should get some input from @Millenniumram.......?

I’m bored, but I’m not that bored ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

^^^THIS^^^

48 minutes ago, jono said:

^^^And This^^^

35 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And obviously ^^^This^^^

But as I was saying... anyone?...

188949058290_577ab559045c89cc851b_512.pn

Archived