Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eezzeetiger said:

They should just end the season now. Top 2 go up, top 4 are in the play-off places, and the team with the best average points record against the other play-off teams goes up..

Forest go up, everyone is happy

Fulham 3 points 
Brentford 6 points
Preston 1 points.  

10 points from 4 games. 2.5points a game.

See you next season

Reading this, I'm thinking more see you next Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well all I am saying is that if they end season now then we should get a refund on our current season ticket money back. I am hacked off to say the least. And now I got nrothing to look forward too.

would a club going bankrupt make you any happier .... with no money coming where would refunds come from?

Its natural disaster , nobody's fault  and we all have to take a hit of some kind.

1 hour ago, REDCAR said:

If this is anything to go by theres no hope the season finishing.

graph.jpg

Not sure where you got this from, if the population of Britain is, say, 60,000,000, we've been having 3, 500,00 cases a month sine January, peaking at 30,000,000 by May.

4 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Promote the top two from each division, relegate the bottom two.

Play games in hand (eg Villa vs Arsenal) behind closed gates if they bottom/top two.
None of the 92 teams to drop out of the four divisions.

May seem draconian but desperate times call for desperate measures.

This, or something similar, seems preferable to deferring games ad infinitum/nauseum!

Anyone else got any bright ideas?

Start the season again when possible - e.g. April/June. If not, suspend until August, play remaining fixtures, then have a break and play a shortened revised 20/21 season- e.g., 26/28 match tournament, some fixtures won't be home and away. Not ideal but could be a lesser evil for a lot of clubs.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Or he's an outstanding manager?

Not saying he isn't just not my cup of tea, at present we have pretty motley collection of managers in English Football, I can't think of a time when we have such diverse personalities.  I am not saying that's -ve either I find it very intriguing especially as Klopp's clown style seems to have risen to the top.

They’ll promote top two won’t they ? 

if only this was one of the seasons where we were top 2 at this stage before our slide ?

in all seriousness I do feel for the decision makers here. Best case scenario, fixtures played behind closed doors... worst case scenario the league is cancelled and the Trent bursts it banks...

57 minutes ago, DRBee said:

would a club going bankrupt make you any happier .... with no money coming where would refunds come from?

Its natural disaster , nobody's fault  and we all have to take a hit of some kind.

I am not saying by the club by the freaking goverment that I suggest cough up refund our money.

6 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

They’ll promote top two won’t they ? 

if only this was one of the seasons where we were top 2 at this stage before our slide ?

in all seriousness I do feel for the decision makers here. Best case scenario, fixtures played behind closed doors... worst case scenario the league is cancelled and the Trent bursts it banks...

They won’t promote the top 2 if there is no space to promote into. The premier league won’t relegate anyone if season isn’t completed

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well all I am saying is that if they end season now then we should get a refund on our current season ticket money back. I am hacked off to say the least. And now I got nrothing to look forward too.

I know football is your life mate but there are bigger things going off right now, for me missing a few matches meaning my 81 yo Dad remains safe and me too being in the high risk category then I can live with that.

I had seriously been thinking of not going Tuesday and watching at home with my dad.

If most of us can come out the other side and the only 'damage' is losing a few quid then it will be a better result than any football match could give,

Archived