Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
atherstoneram

Matches suspended

Recommended Posts

Call the season to an end, no one goes up or down and the Premier League  parachute payments should be distributed amongst the lower league clubs to prevent them going out of business due to loss of earnings. 
 

The fact it screws The Treetards and The Dirties is an added bonus 🤭👍🏻😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crazy said:

As much as I'd love to see the reaction of Liverpool, Leeds and Forest fans if the season was abandoned, I think it's too far into the season for that to happen now. And I can't see them declaring the table final as it is now either - too many potential legal battles with teams relegated/ missing out on promotion.

If Euro 2020 is cancelled/ delayed, that might allow time to play the postponed fixtures. Otherwise, I think they'll finish the season in the autumn, followed by a shortened 2020/21 season - e.g. play every team once, split the league in half, then play every team in your half once more.

I don't think there would be anything to stop the league being finished now, how could you have potential legal battles. That would just be clubs presenting supposition/assumption to the courts that they could have got promotion/avoided relegation if the season had continued whereas the EFL would present facts ie current league positions which they have deemed the fairest outcome in the circumstances

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Call the season to an end, no one goes up or down and the Premier League  parachute payments should be distributed amongst the lower league clubs to prevent them going out of business due to loss of earnings. 
 

The fact it screws The Treetards and The Dirties is an added bonus 🤭👍🏻😂😂

Oh and Liverpool still won’t have won the premier league 🤭😳😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post

Its almost certain that the Euros will move to next year.

Call a six week break now, suspend players contracts until the resumption, four weeks somewhere safe like China, then a mini 2 week end of season pre season to get back up to speed. 

Play the season out, shortest possible break then immediately start the new season.

Move the windows to suit the new arrangements, scrap the League cup, with the PL making exceptional payments as compensation, they can afford it after all, no need for many international breaks next year as qualification is pretty much decided for the delayed Euros.

No replays in FA Cup either, straight to pens every time.

Loads of time to play next season, no boring international breaks to stop momentum, then let the Euros go up against the Olympics, which has had its football element removed.

Suspend P&S for a few years, due to extraordinary circumstances, and allow things to settle back to normality in a few seasons time.

Share this post


Link to post

I would be very surprised if the E F L do not have a ruling in one of their books about this under the extraordinary circumstances list , because this is one of them and I can remember the flu pandemic very clearly but this is much worse .

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Whatever happens I am sure Jurgen Klopp will take it with the good grace, humility and sportsmanship that he exudes after every, rare Liverpool defeat.

 

I Thought I was in a minority of SBD, can't stand the bloke although he must be a good motivator or very lucky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

I would be very surprised if the E F L do not have a ruling in one of their books about this under the extraordinary circumstances list , because this is one of them and I can remember the flu pandemic very clearly but this is much worse .

Yes they take a points average for the last seven seasons played and the top three teams will be promoted to the EPL then after they have agreed it they will investigate these teams and give them points deduction  fined, so Leeds go u, Villa stay up and QPR are given +80 points and go up.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Its almost certain that the Euros will move to next year.

Call a six week break now, suspend players contracts until the resumption, four weeks somewhere safe like China, then a mini 2 week end of season pre season to get back up to speed. 

Play the season out, shortest possible break then immediately start the new season.

Move the windows to suit the new arrangements, scrap the League cup, with the PL making exceptional payments as compensation, they can afford it after all, no need for many international breaks next year as qualification is pretty much decided for the delayed Euros.

No replays in FA Cup either, straight to pens every time.

Loads of time to play next season, no boring international breaks to stop momentum, then let the Euros go up against the Olympics, which has had its football element removed.

Suspend P&S for a few years, due to extraordinary circumstances, and allow things to settle back to normality in a few seasons time.

Small matter of World Cup qualification to fit in.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think this spells the end of this season, a scientist on sky news last night said the worst will hit us around Easter, so no way the season will start up again in April, assuming what he said was right.

People joking about Leeds and Liverpool, but I honestly cant see how this season is going to be finished.

Yes that was my train of thought. It's only going to be worse in 3 weeks and I heard the suggested peak in the UK for Covid-19 is a few months away.  Or maybe the fixtures are concluded behind closed doors?

Edited by europia

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

I Thought I was in a minority of SBD, can't stand the bloke although he must be a good motivator or very lucky.

 

He is clearly a good manager but complaining about the tactics of other teams (or defending as I believe others call it) whenever he loses is laughable in my eyes. Congratulate the opposition and move on. Unless it’s Leeds. Obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post

They should just end the season now. Top 2 go up, top 4 are in the play-off places, and the team with the best average points record against the other play-off teams goes up..

Forest go up, everyone is happy

Fulham 3 points 
Brentford 6 points
Preston 1 points.  

10 points from 4 games. 2.5points a game.

 

See you next season

Share this post


Link to post

 Perfect opportunity to move the start and finish of the regular league season. In readiness for the World Cup in Dubai.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Small matter of World Cup qualification to fit in.

World cup qualifiers don't start until next March, Nations League qualification between the end of this season and then.

Which will have to be scrapped anyway, to make way for the delayed Euros.

Edited by reverendo de duivel

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.