Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mozza said:

This season to be finished, regardless of when, sensible news really. 

What happens to players out of contract and what happens to players who have signed pre-contract deals with other clubs?  What will be the effect on following seasons?

One glimmer of hope is that China has reported no new home infections for a few days, 4 months after the outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Call it quits now - only fair option, disappointing for some but it’s extremely difficult times - start the next season with the same teams in the same leagues again harsh but definitive 

I Agree. I mean it is hard on the Scousers, The Dirties and the Red Dogs .....But what can you do.?

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

What happens to players out of contract and what happens to players who have signed pre-contract deals with other clubs?  What will be the effect on following seasons?

One glimmer of hope is that China has reported no new home infections for a few days, 4 months after the outbreak. 

i'd imagine clubs would have to pick a team from the players who are registered to them at that point in time. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I just think that yes people need to be careful but if levels improve they can bring back sooner.

Sorry B4. There is absolutely no chance. Even if levels improve, which I don't think they will for several weeks, I don't think they would want to rush back to reintroducing sporting events. If anything, I reckon 30th April may prove optimistic. 

The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”. However, The FA’s Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019/20 season in relation to Professional Football. Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than 30 April.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/03/efl-statement-thursday-19th-march

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I just think that yes people need to be careful but if levels improve they can bring back sooner.

In all probability it will be later than the 30th April and i would imagine it will be games played behind locked gates purely to bring the season to a conclusion if that's what they are endeavouring to do. 

27 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

In all probability it will be later than the 30th April and i would imagine it will be games played behind locked gates purely to bring the season to a conclusion if that's what they are endeavouring to do. 

Should just do a big tournament at DW spanning over a day to get it all done 

Archived