Matches suspended

atherstoneram

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

Spurs played a year and a half at Wembley...no big deal.

Rubbish is it no big deal. When you're in a relegation fight, a factor like that can put you down, and Spurs chose to go to Wembley, for West Ham this is of no choice of their own. Can they even go to Wembley? What if Wembley is contracted for something else? 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rubbish is it no big deal. When you're in a relegation fight, a factor like that can put you down, and Spurs chose to go to Wembley, for West Ham this is of no choice of their own. Can they even go to Wembley? What if Wembley is contracted for something else? 

I would say in West Ham’s case that’s rubbish. The London stadium move hasn’t been a great success.
Anyway I’m sure all could schedule around Bryan Adams and Genesis playing a gig there mid summer ?

35 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I would say in West Ham’s case that’s rubbish. The London stadium move hasn’t been a great success.
Anyway I’m sure all could schedule around Bryan Adams and Genesis playing a gig there mid summer ?

The fact is, in a relegation battle every single edge helps, losing a home advantage due to no fault of your own doesn't seem hugely fair.

I’d like to see this season finished in some way rather than just accepting it done as the standings are now.

It would be hard to combine both this season and next season, image Man City trying to catch Liverpool!

I’d hope that by May they could look to at least play the games behind closed doors and try 2 games a week. It would only take 4-6 weeks to have everything done.

Then they could still have a preseason starting early July and season begin in August.

If the virus is still a big concern by June, then just push things back a month at a time or look to shorten next season. They have to finish this season for me, next season is different because as long as everyone knows before what the format will be there can be no complaints...but shortening this season will always have a team complaining. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I’d also point out that to an extent the problem with West Ham’s stadium usage is of their own making. They chose to sell Upton Park and then utilise a tax payer subsidised cheaper rental stadium. 

Sith Happens

Hark at yourselves....West Ham will be fine.....the golden boys will be looked after like they always are. The PL will probably just decide to relegate Sheff Utd instead just because of blah blah blah.....

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

No

Id rather have full season all these measures not helped itatly has it.

Its early days for them yet, and us. The measures introduced in China seem to have worked though.

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

He said it as a joke, it's just been taken out of context ever since and then ridiculed? 

Good shout. Has another quote ever been incorrectly used as much as that one. He really should have gone for a huge Wayne's World "Not!" at the end.

For me, in the EFL, I would end the season with promotion and relegation decided entirely by play-offs.

Take the promotion picture:

12 teams, three promotion places decided with one winner per bracket.

Teams initially play in a one off ‘semi final’ (including extra time and penalties) with the higher placed teams gaining home advantage and a favourable draw.

So Leeds being 1st would face the 12th placed team. In this case, us, for example.

Then the two winners in each bracket meet at Wembley.

As an example:

Bracket 1

Leeds v Derby

Preston v Bristol City

Bracket 2

West Brom v Swansea

Forest v Millwall

Bracket 3

Fulham v Blackburn

Brentford v Cardiff

For relegation, you have the same format but the losers of each semi-final tie have a relegation play-off at Wembley and the winner stays up.

To finish the season as normal in the Championship, it requires 113 games to be played.

With this, it requires 18 games including 6 showpiece games at Wembley, and the season can be decided on the pitch as it deserves to be.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

For me, in the EFL, I would end the season with promotion and relegation decided entirely by play-offs.

Take the promotion picture:

12 teams, three promotion places decided with one winner per bracket.

Teams initially play in a one off ‘semi final’ (including extra time and penalties) with the higher placed teams gaining home advantage and a favourable draw.

So Leeds being 1st would face the 12th placed team. In this case, us, for example.

Then the two winners in each bracket meet at Wembley.

As an example:

Bracket 1

Leeds v Derby

Preston v Bristol City

Bracket 2

West Brom v Swansea

Forest v Millwall

Bracket 3

Fulham v Blackburn

Brentford v Cardiff

For relegation, you have the same format but the losers of each semi-final tie have a relegation play-off at Wembley and the winner stays up.

To finish the season as normal in the Championship, it requires 113 games to be played.

With this, it requires 18 games including 6 showpiece games at Wembley, and the season can be decided on the pitch as it deserves to be.

It's a nice idea, but I think we'll finish off the season when it's safe to do so. Given it will be months before we reach that stage, we'll probably have a 2 week mini pre-season before that. This will then be followed by a shortened pre-season. Each season will be condensed to reach a point where we're back to starting seasons in August.

No need to make panicked decisions yet. 

See how long it lasts then decide whether there's time left to complete the season. 

Cancel the Euros and indeed all international football to remove the travel issues and start next season late. 

11 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good shout. Has another quote ever been incorrectly used as much as that one. He really should have gone for a huge Wayne's World "Not!" at the end.

Yes! The not Einstein quote about insanity. Should be the death penalty for that one 

Archived