Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I think it's the least accurate and fair one to be honest. The solution is to play the remaining matches whenever, ideally before June, if not, Septmeber, then have a break when it's finished and play a reduced 20/21 season. 

My way gets it complete in the shortest amount of time (that is what I was meaning) with best possible fairness/accuracy (in the time constraint).

I don’t disagree that yours is the most accurate (how could anyone not). It just takes longer.

What is your best proposal that could allow next season to start in September?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If the EFL cancel the remaining fixtures, I don't believe DCFC would be liable for any refunds on Season Tickets...

 

11.2 Subject to clause 10.1, the Club shall be responsible to You for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of its breach of these Conditions or its negligence but it will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. The Club shall have no liability to You for any:

11.2.1 loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity;

11.2.2 loss of enjoyment, travel/accommodation costs;

11.2.3 abandonments, postponement or cancellation of Matches;

11.2.4 restrictions to the view of the Match caused by an act of another spectator and/or the position of the seat;

11.2.5 any indirect, consequential or economic loss arising under or in connection with the Contract; and

11.2.6 for loss of or damage to personal property at or around the Ground.

 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ticketing-terms-conditions

 

 

And whilst we're at it, just remember they could have cancelled hundreds, if not thousands of season tickets... without refunds... for all those that continually breach the T&C's, by:

9.3.2 persistent standing in seated areas whilst the Match is in progress;

Seems crystal clear to me and, based on this clause, I wouldn’t be expecting any sort of refund. Neither would I be complaining about it. Unfortunate but, I’d just accept it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Seems crystal clear to me and, based on this clause, I wouldn’t be expecting any sort of refund. Neither would I be complaining about it. Unfortunate but, I’d just accept it.

I agree totally, but for renewals next season it would be nice if the club gave us all a voucher for the megastore or some kind of discount would be a good gesture.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Premier league clubs have received and in most cases , spent their revenue for this year already, which comes via TV.  The % of their income from gate revenue is very small in comparison and of little consequence to them. They have no pressure, other than crowning Liverpool as champions, to finish this season. And zero appetite to disrupt the next. If they don’t relegate anyone, nobody will be promoted. Simple as that, End of debate. I suspect they will find a way  to play the few games needed to crown Liverpool, then cancel the rest of the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone able to put up how the leagues looked at the halfway point of the season when every team had played each other once. If the season is a cancelled then they could use the standings at that point to determine promotion and relegation. Play offs would have to be scrapped though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

My way gets it complete in the shortest amount of time (that is what I was meaning) with best possible fairness/accuracy (in the time constraint).

I don’t disagree that yours is the most accurate (how could anyone not). It just takes longer.

What is your best proposal that could allow next season to start in September?

 

I don't have a proposal to allow for that. Just allow the season to overrun and allow next season to start later. All I know is a computer simulation would never be accepted by anyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the reason they've called the games off is largely to ease pressure on public services rather than fear that people will catch the virus 

If they can stop the inevitable drunk people before and after games who end up in hospital doing just that and allow more police on the street as opposed to policing games, it might have a huge impact 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this idea has been suggested;

Keep everyone where they are, assuming all is well by the summer, have pre-season and then start next year as normal, everyone playing twice.

Cancel cup competitions and use that time to catch up on games missed for this season.

Next season ends after everyone has played 4 times and promotion/relegation is sorted accordingly.

It gives the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom to achieve what they think is deserved.

As a Derby fan I'd be more than happy with that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not sure if this idea has been suggested;

Keep everyone where they are, assuming all is well by the summer, have pre-season and then start next year as normal, everyone playing twice.

Cancel cup competitions and use that time to catch up on games missed for this season.

Next season ends after everyone has played 4 times and promotion/relegation is sorted accordingly.

It gives the likes of Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom to achieve what they think is deserved.

As a Derby fan I'd be more than happy with that!

So two seasons combined as one?  So we can still make the play-off's?  So bloody Eric Steele was wrong afterall!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Andicis said:

Another point worth mentioning, for example a club like West Ham who are in the relegation battle in the Premier League, if they go into the summer, their stadium might be contracted out for other things, since they don't own it and it has other sports events/gigs, what would happen if they couldn't play their games at home? 

Spurs played a year and a half at Wembley...no big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Good point, also any clubs that are supposed to be getting new pitches/pitch refreshes, or work done on the stadium, etc.

It's not a good point...Spurs played away from home for a whole season while work was carried out on their new stadium...it's no biggie.

Edited by Patrick Rams
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11957782/coronavirus-wayne-rooney-says-footballers-treated-like-guinea-pigs-after-postponement-delay

Rooney -

"We're happy to play until September if the season extends to then, if that's how it has to be. That's our job. As long as we know we're safe to play and it's a safe environment for spectators, we'll play.

"The next World Cup is in November and December 2022, so you could actually use this situation as an opportunity and say we're going to finish the 2019-20 season later this year, then prepare for 2022 by having the next two seasons starting in winter."

Link to post
Share on other sites

First choice will be the following; Postpone Euro 2020 (which will happen).
Preseason starts now until mid June (earliest). Restart the 19/20 season (maybe behind close doors) in mid June. Run a compact schedule over 6-8 weeks inc playoffs. Season ends end of July. A break for 2/3 weeks in August. 20/21 season starts end of August and the season runs slightly more compact. 
All the talk about players contracts and transfer windows,  clubs, FIFA and UFEA will have to come to an agreement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51889682

Premier League chief seems to be advocating promoting Leeds and West Brom and no relegation from Premier League.

I'm not comfortable with this.

The Premier League either accept promotions from the Championship in line with usual protocol or not.

It is up the EFL to decide if and how the 3 teams would be promoted.

If the Premier League are happy with accepting Leeds/West Brom based on current positions then they should also be happy for play offs to be played based on current positions.

Its then up to them to sort out which 3 teams would be relegated and on what basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51889682

Premier League chief seems to be advocating promoting Leeds and West Brom and no relegation from Premier League.

I'm not comfortable with this.

The Premier League either accept promotions from the Championship in line with usual protocol or not.

It is up the EFL to decide if and how the 3 teams would be promoted.

If the Premier League are happy with accepting Leeds/West Brom based on current positions then they should also be happy for play offs to be played based on current positions.

Its then up to them to sort out which 3 teams would be relegated and on what basis.

I read that as well this morning and thought that it was a total fudge 

There's still 27 points left to be played for so mathematically any team from Birmingham in 16th upwards could still overhaul Leeds or West Brom

If the status quo is proposed to remain in the Premiership i.e. the same teams who are playing in that division also remain the following season then the status quo should also remain in the Championship and the remainder of the other leagues. 

Needs to be consistency or the proposal is not workable and unfair

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.