Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I dunno wether it's been mentioned but, if the season is extended a number of players contracts will have expired before the season finishes. 

Contracts usually end on 30th June so that does give an extra 8 weeks to get things done.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Same race horseing

Football should be allowed to continue.

Main difference iI can see is one is a team sport. If you infect your team mates it will mean you have to self isolate large numbers of people, affecting the results. One on one sports just affect one person who has to withdraw if showing symptoms. 

25 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Some world championship badminton live from Birmingham on TV, good crowd it seems, how come this is not cancelled ?

The Badminton Association putting profit before people’s health. What a racket.

26 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Some world championship badminton live from Birmingham on TV, good crowd it seems, how come this is not cancelled ?

I think someone said in another thread that if you shufflecock then it helps your immune system. I think that's what they said anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It won’t happen but in reality is probably the most accurate and fair way of concluding the season(s) in the shortest amount of time.

What is your best suggestion Mr Chope then?

I think it's the least accurate and fair one to be honest. The solution is to play the remaining matches whenever, ideally before June, if not, Septmeber, then have a break when it's finished and play a reduced 20/21 season. 

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

It might be stating the bleeding obvious but for the next unknown weeks and (probably) months we (club, players, staff and therefore fans) are relying on the depth of Uncle Mel's pockets - no income but plenty of costs

And every other club from the PL upwards will also be relying on individuals and banks continuing to be able to support them to a greater or lesser degree. Some will do well to survive.

Mel can always sell the stadium, how much is it worth?

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Same race horseing

Football should be allowed to continue.

I don’t think you can catch it off a horse.

horses can kick and bite but not enough to put you off from attempting an act of intimacy, such as stroking their noses. All perfectly safe. 

7 hours ago, Nishfan said:

Absolutely; plus all the businesses that rely on match day trade.

nightmare scenario.

i’ll be renewing my season ticket as soon as I get paid again; these things will help 

On a non match day I catch the 1.15pm bus to town for a few beers, Generally it takes 30-40mins today I was in town in 15mins maximum, Traffic nothing like it was pre virus a lot less.

Went in my usual boozer and it was dead just a couple of couples and 2-3 punters dotted about, The Landlord has just taken over the pub this last 2-3 weeks so he's not aware of what's what, He asked me what's it like in here on a match day...very busy I replied, The Forest game you will be packed out, He looked at the fixture list behind the bar and smiled, Footballs back on then he said...don't count your chickens fella, I can't see football coming back for a few months...the look on his face said it all ?

6 hours ago, Zag zig said:

You overlooked one problem..... everyone hates Leeds, will get vetoed for that reason alone.

Being serious, watched football focus earlier, they spoke of no premiership relegation but promoting the top 2 championship teams in addition, removes some controversy but still leaves others in play offs fuming, a point Dion Dublin made. Can’t see it being accepted for that reason, not without legal challenges.

22 teams=42 games a season which will be against the maximum teams allowed in Europeans top divisions I believe.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I don’t think you can catch it off a horse.

horses can kick and bite but not enough to put you off from attempting an act of intimacy, such as stroking their noses. All perfectly safe. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well why not you have other people touching the horse and thousands people next to each and touching seats and hand rails so me this is far more resky than football.

only on a rural forum

Archived