F1 2020

Stagtime

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

George Russell to replace Hamilton this weekend!

Lets hope he does well and put himself on the radar to replace Bottas (or hamilton) in future.

Mick Schumacher also confirmed for Haas.

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Great to see Russell on the front row.

Given, how the car is set up for Lewis, it’s a remarkable feat he finished so close to Bottas in qualifying but no surprise given his performance in FP1 and 2 and that he always outperforms his team mates in qualifying.

Certainly put the heat on Bottas in the first 2 sessions. So glad that Toto sat him down and set realistic expectations given the set up, his height, how uncomfortable the drive will be due to shoe size etc IF he got a podium it would be amazing! 

As someone who’s followed him from GP2 days, I’m thrilled and just hoping for a points finish to move him up the standings table, he’s deserved better luck.

Gutted for the lad - he couldn’t have done any more but was let down by the pit stop mistake and then the puncture. His composure when leading and then way he fought back through the pack shows his ability - deserves to be in one of the top cars.....

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Sounds as if George might get disqualified for using too many pairs of tyres during the weekend - as if missing out on the win wasn’t bad enough it seems he may well lose his first ever points as well....?

Thankfully common sense has prevailed and he keeps the position.

Great for Checo, get him in that RB next season. 

19 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Perez replaces Albon at Red Bull/Aston Martin - pleased he's still going to be on the grid.

So happy for Perez and for F1 that he will be driving for Red Bull next season, obviously he will be a Number 2 to Max but I think he could give Red Bull a chance of more points next season as far as the constructors title is concerned. Mercedes will still be the team to beat but with Max and Checo Red Bull will give them a good run. Can't wait for next season. All we need now is for Lewis to sign his new contract. 

57 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

So happy for Perez and for F1 that he will be driving for Red Bull next season, obviously he will be a Number 2 to Max but I think he could give Red Bull a chance of more points next season as far as the constructors title is concerned. Mercedes will still be the team to beat but with Max and Checo Red Bull will give them a good run. Can't wait for next season. All we need now is for Lewis to sign his new contract. 

And Sainz at Ferrari will make them more competitive - Seb’s heart really want in it this season.....

I don't get the dislike of Hamilton, just watched him on spoty and as always he comes across as intelligent,  thoughtful , humble. 

I get that he isnt a Jenson Button/James Hunt character but I always think he comes across well. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sir Lewis Hamilton. Knighted. Well Deserved. ?? 

It is, but I'd have waited. 

I think a K should be doled out upon retirement, as a reflection on a career past, not one still ongoing.

Fantastic to see Rob Burrow be recognised too.

Archived