19 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

How did he drive on those Intermediate/Slicks?

Hats off, that’s driving on another level. 

I wonder if it was his idea or the teams to simply carry on til the tread disappeared??  Either way, just proves why Lewis/Mercedes are light years ahead of the rest.  

It was probably the most entertaining race of the season for me. 

42 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Shocking crash, thank god he is relatively unscathed. 

Was funny when they cut to Gunther Steiner swearing on camera. David Croft said apologies about Gunther Swearer, I mean Gunther Steiner! 

Tbf to Gunther I swore when I saw it. Unbelievably lucky that he managed to walk away relatively unscathed. An absolute miracle...

Obviously very happy to see him walk away relatively unscathed but how Grojean retains an F1 seat I have no idea. Other drivers must be terrified when they see him anywhere near them.

Likewise, that barrier! Who the duck thought it was a good idea to have a solid steel barrier sticking out at 30+ degrees? Absolute madness. 

All this aside, yet another Hamilton masterclass. I've literally run out of superlatives to describe his performance this season. It's been probably the most dominant season I've seen from any driver ever in all my time watching the sport. As if him being a quarter of a second quicker than anyone else on the grid wasn't enough, this season he seems to be able to stretch his tyre-life 10 to 15% longer than anyone else too and that makes him nigh-on impossible to beat given the machinery he's using. I reckon he'd win races in a Racing Point seat, let alone the Red Bull car. He really is that good. Apart from a racing incident with Albon which was probably his error, he's hardly put a foot wrong across the entire season. That's not just good, it's freakishly good!

Arise Sir Hammy, you've earned it kid! 

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

All this aside, yet another Hamilton masterclass. I've literally run out of superlatives to describe his performance this season. It's been probably the most dominant season I've seen from any driver ever in all my time watching the sport. As if him being a quarter of a second quicker than anyone else on the grid wasn't enough, this season he seems to be able to stretch his tyre-life 10 to 15% longer than anyone else too and that makes him nigh-on impossible to beat given the machinery he's using. I reckon he'd win races in a Racing Point seat, let alone the Red Bull car. He really is that good. Apart from a racing incident with Albon which was probably his error, he's hardly put a foot wrong across the entire season. That's not just good, it's freakishly good!

Arise Sir Hammy, you've earned it kid! 

I think it's worth remembering that this is the first time since 2014 that the Merc has been this much faster than anyone else - and in 2017-19, at various points the Merc had actually been the third fastest car. Hamilton's domination has carried the team a few times. 

Since Rosberg's retirement, Hamilton could have driven for any of the big three teams and taken the title, and you're right, probably taken a some wins in other cars too.

On 06/11/2020 at 15:39, ramsbottom said:

When people argue about him having the best car forget that Mercedes had been toilet for a few seasons before he signed.
As a lot of folk confirm, he’s worked, and continues to work hard with the developers and engineers to make the car as good as it can be. Plus Bottas & Rosberg are/were properly good drivers but, bar the one season, Hamilton has prevailed. Also, the best car bores only need to look at the fact he wiped the floor with all other F1 drivers who drove the Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear... 

this is very true, I remember one expert on here suggesting that he had given up all ambition just for a large pay packet to go to Mercedes

People rate Perez and Stroll but it's a travesty that no one has won in that car this year. 

A bit like the Williams a few seasons back when Massa was driving.

Hamilton would have won in either.  Not saying he would be world Champion but he would be looking at 2 or 3 race wins.

Bottas has been poor this season,  surprised he has been kept on for next season, although I think he is managed by Wolff.

12 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

People rate Perez and Stroll but it's a travesty that no one has won in that car this year. 

A bit like the Williams a few seasons back when Massa was driving.

Hamilton would have won in either.  Not saying he would be world Champion but he would be looking at 2 or 3 race wins.

Bottas has been poor this season,  surprised he has been kept on for next season, although I think he is managed by Wolff.

I’m not sold on Stroll still. Obviously to get an F1 car to do one lap of a circuit at top speed you have to be a very good driver, but if you put a Ricardo or Sainz in that car, and you’d see a lot better finishes he’s managed.