Jump to content

F1 2020


Stagtime
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hamilton beats Schumacher's record. An absolute great of the sport. He'll likely match his world title number this season as well. 

Great drive too. Best car yes but there are two of them and he is miles ahead  (literally ) of bottas. 

Will continue to set records as just seems to improve.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Great drive too. Best car yes but there are two of them and he is miles ahead  (literally ) of bottas. 

Will continue to set records as just seems to improve.

 

Exactly. People who instantly shout about how Schumacher was better seem to think Schumacher won his titles on a moped. 

Both are great in their own right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/10/2020 at 18:33, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Exactly. People who instantly shout about how Schumacher was better seem to think Schumacher won his titles on a moped. 

Both are great in their own right. 

Hamilton's achievements have  not required him to cheat either. Ramming Villeneuve in an attempt to secure a Championship didn't work, but how he got away with the Damon Hill episode I'll never know. Absolutely disgraceful and clearly showed the contempt he had both for the sport and his fellow drivers. Hamilton streets ahead IMO, if only marginally so on the numbers.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hamilton's achievements have  not required him to cheat either. Ramming Villeneuve in an attempt to secure a Championship didn't work but how he got away with the Damon Hill episode I'll never know. Absolutely disgraceful and clearly showed the contempt he had both for the sport sand his fellow drivers. Hamilton streets ahead IMO, if only marginally so on the numbers.

People forget the poohousing Schumacher did. If Hamilton tried it he'd be absolutely ripped to shreds by the viewing public. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

People forget the poohousing Schumacher did. If Hamilton tried it he'd be absolutely ripped to shreds by the viewing public. 

He gets shredded by some anyway! I've read excuses as flimsy as his clothes, his lifestyle and even his feckin hair! I suspect that these days it's water off a duck. He lets his driving do the talking in this regard and how they must hate it! The best bit is that he'll probably win another couple of WDCs at least, so 8 or even 9 are achievable.

#eightluckytitles 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2020 at 16:51, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hamilton beats Schumacher's record. An absolute great of the sport. He'll likely match his world title number this season as well. 

 

On 27/10/2020 at 19:14, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hamilton's achievements have  not required him to cheat either. Ramming Villeneuve in an attempt to secure a Championship didn't work, but how he got away with the Damon Hill episode I'll never know. Absolutely disgraceful and clearly showed the contempt he had both for the sport and his fellow drivers. Hamilton streets ahead IMO, if only marginally so on the numbers.

When people argue about him having the best car forget that Mercedes had been toilet for a few seasons before he signed.
As a lot of folk confirm, he’s worked, and continues to work hard with the developers and engineers to make the car as good as it can be. Plus Bottas & Rosberg are/were properly good drivers but, bar the one season, Hamilton has prevailed. Also, the best car bores only need to look at the fact he wiped the floor with all other F1 drivers who drove the Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear... 

Edited by ramsbottom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

 

When people argue about him having the best car forget that Mercedes had been toilet for a few seasons before he signed.
As a lot of folk confirm, he’s worked, and continues to work hard with the developers and engineers to make the car as good as it can be. Plus Bottas & Rosberg are/were properly good drivers but, bar the one season, Hamilton has prevailed. Also, the best car bores only need to look at the fact he wiped the floor with all other F1 drivers who drove the Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear... 

The best car bores also overlook that Ferrari had a marginally faster car twice in the last 4 seasons so Hamilton has arguably won 3 of his WDC titles without having the best machinery. Add to that that he very nearly turned over a world champion in his rookie season and in wet weather races where any advantage is nullified and it's all about feel and instinct, he invariably wins by half the track. His Styrian GP pole lap was a 1 1/4 seconds quicker than Verstappen.. Bottas who was mooted as a future champion himself, finished 25 seconds back a couple of races ago.

Hard to know how much more evidence the naysayers need but then most of them are not really F1 fans anyway. They just pitch up on the forums to sling mud and don't seem to know or care how asinine their comments make them appear. The odd thing the majority of his detractors are English which is a bit rum to say the least. While the idiots trot out the 'my granny could win in that car' garbage, others demean him for living UK tax free in Monaco though oddly they had no such issues with Jenson Button doing the same and also overlook the fact that most of the grid seem to live there or in Switzerland! Hmmmm.... 🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The best car bores also overlook that Ferrari had a marginally faster car twice in the last 4 seasons so Hamilton has arguably won 3 of his WDC titles without having the best machinery. Add to that that he very nearly turned over a world champion in his rookie season and in wet weather races where any advantage is nullified and it's all about feel and instinct, he invariably wins by half the track. His Styrian GP pole lap was a 1 1/4 seconds quicker than Verstappen.. Bottas who was mooted as a future champion himself, finished 25 seconds back a couple of races ago.

Hard to know how much more evidence the naysayers need but then most of them are not really F1 fans anyway. They just pitch up on the forums to sling mud and don't seem to know or care how asinine their comments make them appear. The odd thing the majority of his detractors are English which is a bit rum to say the least. While the idiots trot out the 'my granny could win in that car' garbage, others demean him for living UK tax free in Monaco though oddly they had no such issues with Jenson Button doing the same and also overlook the fact that most of the grid seem to live there or in Switzerland! Hmmmm.... 🤷‍♀️

And I wonder why that is, any ideas Mr Brent??

 

6615B46D-BE14-4A68-9205-87F874D5363C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Said it before but I'll say it again. If anyone still thinks Hamilton is only where he is because of the car he is in then they should probably find another type of racing to watch. 

He is incredible. 

you only have to look at where he finished today compared with his closest title rival.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.