Sign in to follow this  
admira

The English Game - Netflix

Gave up on the article when for absolutely no reason it started talking about gender balance in the show.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Gave up on the article when for absolutely no reason it started talking about gender balance in the show.

Period Wags?

Agreed.  Watched 3 on Saturday evening, two on Sunday, and the final episode last night, after Boris had done.

I'm no TV (or film) buff, but I enjoyed it.  

And Derby gets a mention (Not Derby County... Obvs!)

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agreed.  Watched 3 on Saturday evening, two on Sunday, and the final episode last night, after Boris had done.

I'm no TV (or film) buff, but I enjoyed it.  

And Derby gets a mention (Not Derby County... Obvs!)

Derby St Lukes. Effectively my childhood team, Stockbrook. 

Luckily this is available over here too. Started it on Monday, and hopefully will finish the last one and a half episodes today. No idea how factual it is but I'm enjoying it.

ps it's good to see Craig Bryson and Raul Albentosa in the lead parts.

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was assuming this would be weak as that Downtom Abbey guy is behind it, but sounds like it might be worth a go 

Never watched Downton Abbey, perceptions say its not gritty enough to be my thing, but anyone who watched it reckon its good. I have watched The English Game though and it is worth a watch. 

I've watched the first couple, it's a bit wierd as half of it is filmed about a mile from my house. He asks the kid which way to the mill and the kid points the wrong way, and the mill is huge and obvious from where he was standing.

Richinspain is right, the keeping is pathetic.

Enjoyed the first episode but have 17 year old teenage niece staying with us for the duration so am out voted at the moment.

Bryson playing well, keeping dire, lots of sneering cheating toffs, 19th century wags, gritty downtrodden mill workers and it wouldn’t be football without some Scots.. . .. a good watch I reckon

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Enjoyed the first episode but have 17 year old teenage niece staying with us for the duration so am out voted at the moment.

Bryson playing well, keeping dire, lots of sneering cheating toffs, 19th century wags, gritty downtrodden mill workers and it wouldn’t be football without some Scots.. . .. a good watch I reckon

You let your 17 year old niece stay at yours, without first laying down some ground rules for whilst she's "under your roof"!  Whatever next!  There'll be anarchy, I'm telling yer!  Sheesh!  

😉

47 minutes ago, jono said:

My wife and daughter started some rubbish South American series involving regatón singers and drug lords. They thought it was 8 or 10 episodes. There's 82 of 'em 😱😱😱🤬🤬🤬. Obviously I'm outnumbered and get evicted to the mini tv in the bedroom. Still, only 35 episodes to go 😫😫😫😫