How will Coronavirus affect football?

Carl Sagan

My wife is seeing the woman who she was advised to go to the ER today to test her in person.

The ER people who saw this woman didn't test her even though she had major symptoms and had just flown back from a city that has the virus. And the reason they didn't test her was because she hadn't been overseas or near a retirement home.

The incompetence is staggering.

So my wife volunteered to be the person to test her because she's the only doctor there who doesn't have kids.

If I go missing from the board over the next days and weeks, it's nothing any of you said. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

My wife is seeing the woman who she was advised to go to the ER today to test her in person.

The ER people who saw this woman didn't test her even though she had major symptoms and had just flown back from a city that has the virus. And the reason they didn't test her was because she hadn't been overseas or near a retirement home.

The incompetence is staggering.

So my wife volunteered to be the person to test her because she's the only doctor there who doesn't have kids.

If I go missing from the board over the next days and weeks, it's nothing any of you said. 

I posted that in the wrong forum (is confusion a symptom) so it probably won't make a fat lot to anybody who didn't read my original post yesterday.

But to sum up...

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

Karen Brady has written in her column that the football season could well be cancelled: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11170141/karren-brady-liverpool-premier-league-cancelled/

The thing is, this will (sadly) become a lot worse before it gets better. We will probably be fighting it all through the year and over next winter, with vaccines coming on stream about a year from now (if we're lucky but teams around the world are making very good progress).

Another alternative may actually be to carry this season on in a year's time, just as the Euro's will be postponed for a year.

It might not be that long. China is trying to start up again having effectively shut down for three months. Will that mean the virus also starts up again? Or will they be able to control it? This is going to be a significant indicator for everyone else of how long the world holds its breath.

Discussion on Radio Scotland this afternoon regarding clubs facing closure due to no income over the next couple of months. 

SFA spokesman quoted FIFA's £3bn bank balance and how they could cover wages / running costs of pro and semi clubs in the short term. Dont laugh at the back.....

There will definitely be lower league clubs go to the wall. 

Twitter is full of polls asking what should happen - every feed full of whinging scousers claiming that the reason people think the season should be void is simply that folk don't like Liverpool - the victim mentality runs deep in scouseland.....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Twitter is full of polls asking what should happen - every feed full of whinging scousers claiming that the reason people think the season should be void is simply that folk don't like Liverpool - the victim mentality runs deep in scouseland.....

You can bet your bottom dollar that about 5% of them are from Liverpool.

Derby County Football Club is taking the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) extremely seriously with the safety and wellbeing of our staff, supporters and customers continuing to be our number one priority.

In order to support this, the Derby County Ticket Office, DCFC Megastore, The Yard and The BackYard are no longer accepting cash or cheque payments, opting for card payment only.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/03/Derby-county-customer-notice-cash-handling

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did it a couple of days ago. You still get the channels but the monthly subs are credited back to your account bill (well mine are).

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Virgin media also now offering this....

Anyone know if this can be done for sky sports pass on NowTV?

I have a multi month deal running until 26th April, with the next payment (£20) due to go out on 26th March (2 days from now).

Live chat is currently unavailable, and the "Nowbot" (Really!!!) is about as much help as a viral facemask made from a pair of Val's old knickers!   

Archived