How will Coronavirus affect football?

Carl Sagan

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, ossieram said:

If it's streamed to season ticket holders, what's to stop pubs showing it by using a customers season ticket details?

I suppose the same ruling will apply that applies today. Pubs can only show matches if they have paid the correct subscription (hence the little beer glass on the screen when your are in a pub). 

So I suppose nothing to stop them, just like nothing to stop them taking a standard sky package instead of a public house one. 

The risks would no doubt be the same. Some Pubs in Derby do show RamsTv matches (and advertise the fact) so its probably a case of who you know.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Squid said:

Clubs will play behind closed doors.

Matches will be streamed EXCLUSIVELY to season ticket holders, meaning Sky Sports won’t be streaming on its channels.

Pubs will also be BANNED from streaming games.

ducking ridiculous.

Where does it say that BTW? Not questioning it because it sounds feasible just havent seen it.

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Clubs will play behind closed doors.

Matches will be streamed EXCLUSIVELY to season ticket holders, meaning Sky Sports won’t be streaming on its channels.

Pubs will also be BANNED from streaming games.

ducking ridiculous.

I haven't looked at the whole article cos paywall but in the bit that's visible it says

"Season Ticket holders and ticket holders" will be able to stream the games. I'm sure games (lower than PL) that have the facilities will still be on iFollow and RamsTV, and no reason Sky/BT can't still televise the games they'd planned to.

If that passes they shouldn’t allow Sky and BT to broadcast any additional games.

Instead allowing clubs to stream games to season ticket and ticket holders for home games. 

Then relax the £10 a game rule and allow clubs to sell streams for how much they want. 

You could write a book about this season and in future years younger generations will think it’s fiction, no way did all that happen.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Pubs can only show matches if they have paid the correct subscription (hence the little beer glass on the screen when your are in a pub). 

You obviously don't go into the Neptune or Metro bar on a matchday.

19 minutes ago, David said:

If that passes they shouldn’t allow Sky and BT to broadcast any additional games.

Instead allowing clubs to stream games to season ticket and ticket holders for home games. 

Then relax the £10 a game rule and allow clubs to sell streams for how much they want. 

You could write a book about this season and in future years younger generations will think it’s fiction, no way did all that happen.

Might open a can of worms that; as Sky and BT's TV Deals gives them X games a season; so if they can't fulfil that amount they'll want some money back and that'll come straight back out of club's pockets.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Might open a can of worms that; as Sky and BT's TV Deals gives them X games a season; so if they can't fulfil that amount they'll want some money back and that'll come straight back out of club's pockets.

By additional games I meant on top of what they already have, couldn’t take those games away from them

33 minutes ago, David said:

Discount off next season's ST to ST holders, or a voucher worth the equivalent to the missed games.
Refunds/vouchers to single ticket customers.
Open up streaming worldwide for just £5 a game.

I think it'll only be a matter of time before we're like this if a couple more players catch it...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/11/nba-suspend-season-coronavirus

The basketball world was in shock on Wednesday night after the NBA announced it was suspending the season as the coronavirus outbreak tightened its grip on the United States.

The first rumours of the move came after extraordinary scenes as the Oklahoma City Thunder hosted the Utah Jazz. The teams were on court and ready to tip off when the officials huddled in conversation and the players were told to go to the locker rooms. It later emerged one of Utah’s players had tested positive for coronavirus shortly before the start of the game. Reports indicated the player is the two-time defensive player of the year Rudy Gobert. It is understood he was not at the arena for Wednesday night’s game. The Jazz did not initially confirm the identity of the player but said in a statement: “The individual is currently in the care of health officials in Oklahoma City.”

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d be surprised if we went behind closed doors before the international break - that would be quite a sudden move. I do expect it to be all behind closed doors after the break though, so I reckon the Preston game will be the last game we see as fans this season 

I think you're being optimistic.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d be surprised if we went behind closed doors before the international break - that would be quite a sudden move. I do expect it to be all behind closed doors after the break though, so I reckon the Preston game will be the last game we see as fans this season 

Start now and we only miss 3 games in the next 3 weeks. Start on Monday and it's only 2 games in just under 3 weeks. Waiting until after the break means we could miss 5 games inside a 3 week window, or the rest of the season if extended to 4 weeks.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, ossieram said:

You obviously don't go into the Neptune or Metro bar on a matchday.

I don't but was aware they showed the games. 

Surprised its not been stopped.

I know some pubs have had huge fines from sky for not showing correct subscription football. I suspect some pubs will still show it, i dont really know what the fines are.

Archived