How will Coronavirus affect football?

Carl Sagan

54 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Lets just crack on. If you're old, infirm or struggling with your health, stay sensible and keep out of harms way for a bit.

What about the effect that would have on our atmosphere if the West stand was empty?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ossieram said:

What about the effect that would have on our atmosphere if the West stand was empty?

I didn't think it through, did I? The noise levels would remain similar, but the aroma of Werthers originals and stale urine would be lacking.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Man City vs Arsenal game later today is off because of the gump's owner being diagnosed and interacting with Arsenal (through the Olympiakos match).

Surely anyone they have played since will also have games called off. And anyone those teams have played 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Surely anyone they have played since will also have games called off. And anyone those teams have played 

I expect so. Which means us at Millwall as he was there when they played the Gumps (and would have interacted with Millwall people) just before being officially diagnosed.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I expect so. Which means us at Millwall as he was there when they played the Gumps (and would have interacted with Millwall people) just before being officially diagnosed.

All bad news. The most important thing is people's health of course. 

Going to be a strange ending to the season. 

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

All bad news. The most important thing is people's health of course. 

Going to be a strange ending to the season. 

All true. My impression (may be completely wrong) is that Arsenal has forced the Premier League's hand here, and they're a powerful club so are able to do that. What it means is it makes it easier for other clubs not to play now there's the precedent. And neither the Premier League nor the EFL can afford to refuse because of the potential litigation if people become ill and/or die, now that precedent has been set.

Uefa refuse Wolves request to postpone their Olympiakos game (away).

Getafe allegedly refusing to travel to play at Inter Milan.

Both are scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, and both now due to go ahead behind closed doors.

My understanding of the medical advise is to take the 2 week self-isolation if direct/close contact is made with "a known" sufferer.

That may rule out postponements for any other clubs Arsenal have faced since the Olympiakos game?
That may also rule out postponement for us at Millwall... although Millwall themselves may of course need to put players into isolation, so it may still get postponed?  

Busy day at Footy HQ, I suspect!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51829511

11 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Lets just crack on. If you're old, infirm or struggling with your health, stay sensible and keep out of harms way for a bit. It doesn't spread quite as easily as just being next to someone will do it. Why surrender to it? What good will it do? We have to interact on some level, purely for survival, so banning sports achieves nothing unless we're also banning work, social gatherings of all other kinds and having food rations delivered to people by the army. It's serious, but not serious enough to close the nation down for a couple of months.

Well said that expert.

Definition of expert = Ex is a has been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.

You might be healthy enough to cope with the symptoms, but your elderly relatives and friends might not.

While I hope it doesn't come to this, if it helps to irradicate or at least slow it down until a vaccine can be found then so be it.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Both are scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, and both now due to go ahead behind closed doors.

My understanding of the medical advise is to take the 2 week self-isolation if direct/close contact is made with "a known" sufferer.

That may rule out postponements for any other clubs Arsenal have faced since the Olympiakos game?
That may also rule out postponement for us at Millwall... although Millwall themselves may of course need to put players into isolation, so it may still get postponed?  

Can imagine the meetings agenda.

Item 1. Football through Coronavirus

Item 2. Picking the next club to victimise

AOB

Minutes of meeting....

Item 2 discussed in length....Item 1 moved to next weeks meeting due to time contraints

AOB - Christmas Party celebrations will be at Wetherspoons instead of the RItz due to the Birmingham charge fail.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I find it laughable that it hasn't been called off already.  Drug dealing arsonist shakes hands will all Fo**st players before kick off against Millwall.  Fo**st players spend the proceeding 90 minutes grappling with Millwall players at corners and free kicks.  There's no way that at least a couple of players aren't infected, posing a risk to our players if the game goes ahead.  

You've got a chance to stop the potential spread at a large gathering, and contain it, yet choose not to???  Stupid...

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I find it laughable that it hasn't been called off already.  Drug dealing arsonist shakes hands will all Fo**st players before kick off against Millwall.  Fo**st players spend the proceeding 90 minutes grappling with Millwall players at corners and free kicks.  There's no way that at least a couple of players aren't infected, posing a risk to our players if the game goes ahead.  

You've got a chance to stop the potential spread at a large gathering, and contain it, yet choose not to???  Stupid...

He had a meet and greet with a load of Arsenal players too. They all tested negative. It isn't that easy to spread, especially if proper precautions are taken.

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

He had a meet and greet with a load of Arsenal players too. They all tested negative. It isn't that easy to spread, especially if proper precautions are taken.

They must have followed Boris' guidance on washing hands. Who could blame them after contact with the Greek.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Clubs will play behind closed doors.

Matches will be streamed EXCLUSIVELY to season ticket holders, meaning Sky Sports won’t be streaming on its channels.

Pubs will also be BANNED from streaming games.

ducking ridiculous.

If it's streamed to season ticket holders, what's to stop pubs showing it by using a customers season ticket details?

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Clubs will play behind closed doors.

Matches will be streamed EXCLUSIVELY to season ticket holders, meaning Sky Sports won’t be streaming on its channels.

Pubs will also be BANNED from streaming games.

ducking ridiculous.

Some moron at the efl has come up with that rule for sure. 

Archived