Sign in to follow this  
Carl Sagan

How will Coronavirus affect football?

I actually don’t want to hear about football right now. Videos of players in their beautiful homes isolating and talking about how difficult it is. Employees of the clubs with no way to pay their basis bills. Journalists sucking up to players trying to defend their right to hang on to what they have while the people who cook their training ground meals and protect their fans on match days are desperately trying to keep their heads above water. It doesn’t feel right to me and I have no stomach for it. 

On 02/04/2020 at 22:34, Mostyn6 said:

I'm pretty sure you have to furlough your whole business to be able to claim the 80%

No you don't only furlough who you want to.

I know of a business local to me who are putting members of their production department on Furlough and then hiring unemployed workers in at a lower rate to keep the job going, in the very same department.

This business makes 15% plus earnings on their income year in and year out.

17 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Liverpool, that well known poverty stricken club has furloughed non playing staff. Very poor! Everton apparently are not.

Thing is Liverpool as a football club has always been like that. Take Take Take.

I see certain folk who fed us at the match aren't gonna be furloughed, and will have zero income,  as they were on zero hours contracts and/or worked as freelance.

Obviously, this is through the catering contractors Delaware, not DCFC directly.

17 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Liverpool, that well known poverty stricken club has furloughed non playing staff. Very poor! Everton apparently are not.

Should help strengthen the argument that the season should be voided.....