Can Derby make play offs I say yes

B4ev6is

Beating Forest and/or Leeds in the playoffs would be brilliant - IF I knew the result in advance. I don't think I could take the stress otherwise.

And can you imagine losing to either of them ?‍♂️ No thanks.

I vote we finish 7th in a valiant end of season run, take whatever points deduction is coming our way. And then....

We storm automatic promotion next season. Uncatchable by this time next year.

COYR ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

What's the protocol? Surely they'd still have to have the playoffs?

According to the EFL rulebook, in the case of a virus/war/lack of interest preventing the play offs occuring, they'd award the final promotion spot to the team that has the highest average household income electoral ward within its teams boundary's.

9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

According to the EFL rulebook, in the case of a virus/war/lack of interest preventing the play offs occuring, they'd award the final promotion spot to the team that has the highest average household income electoral ward within its teams boundary's.

Mickleover sports going up then.

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Also taking into account the number of times a team has been in the playoffs in the past decade.

Tell you what.... how about the team with the most points between mid Feb and season's end?

Yes we can make the playoffs but are we in danger of being undercooked if we were promoted, I would rather we have a stronger base before we go up! 

I think we will will climb the table but think that the playoffs are a little too far for us given our remaining games and who they are against. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think we need another thread about our chances of reaching the playoffs I mean we have this one, the Race for the Playoffs and Promotion threads, I personally don't think 3 is enough let's get another few more going ?

I'm personally waiting for a Chris Martin / Promotion uberthread.

Found this website which uses probabilities based on past results and it thinks our chances of promotion are less than 1% (which I guess matches the bookies).

Interestingly it thinks Millwall will make the play offs. 

2AD197E3-77F6-4597-9D15-8E2D1B000D96.png

5 hours ago, europia said:

Let's perhaps review it after the next 5-6 games, we will then probably know if Eric Steele's assessment is wrong or not. 

5-6? How about 9 games, that would be a good time to review it.

As it happens, he is wrong to say we don't stand a chance.

And if after 5-6 games, or 9, we haven't made it, he will still be wrong - because at that point it will still be true that we DID have a chance.

We can all sit here, and laugh at the whole idea of reaching the playoffs, or, we can take a leaf out of B4’s book, and learn to be optimistic.

I tell you now, if we had 27000 fans at Pride Park with the optimism that B4 has; it would be 100000x better atmosphere.

We can only dream, whatever happens happens.

If we make it, then bloody fantastic (although I don’t think we’re ready for the Premier League!)

If we don’t make it, then oh well, next season we will definitely be up there.

We are currently playing some beautiful football, some of the best since Mac 1.

I can only see things going up from here.

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Norwich can still mathematically get Into the top 4....

barnsely can still mathematically get Into the play offs

Birmingham can still mathematically win the league

and I do wonder if there are fans on their forums deluded enough to think this might happen.? 

Are those teams only a few points off those positions with the amount of games remaining? 

No. 

Derby still have every (and i think a good chance) of getting into the play offs. Not winning them, but getting there. 

Football is a funny old game. We've got a lot of tough games ahead but if we start getting a few wins and draws and other teams above slip up to late goals for a draw or loss, there's every chance for us. 

5 points off the play offs with 27 points to play for is a damn good position to be in to have an exciting end to the season. 

Archived