Can Derby make play offs I say yes

B4ev6is

40 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thats why I dont like steel

My says yes they can make and my head says yes we can. I dont what his probleam is with Derby.

It’s called being “Realistic”. Man City CAN still win the Premier League, Norwich City CAN still avoid relegation, Derby CAN get to the play offs, but reality says all three are unlikely, highly unlikely. 

There’s being optimistic and hopeful B4, and there’s being downright deluded. 

what you want to happen, is the same as what we all want to happen, but there’s nothing to suggest we can put the run together required to catch back the points. 

Beating Sheff Weds was a great result, but we are probably still in the relegation zone for away points. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And what are the odds on Swansea, Blackburn,  Cardiff, Millwall Bristol city, preston, forest..? All got much better chances than us 

Of course and you know they are clear favourites, but see no reason to try and dampen B4’s optimism.

You’ve been here long enough to know he will believe until it’s no longer mathematically possible, let him believe, not doing anyone any harm is it?

I’d like to think the players and management share his belief going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’s called being “Realistic”. Man City CAN still win the Premier League, Norwich City CAN still avoid relegation, Derby CAN get to the play offs, but reality says all three are unlikely, highly unlikely. 

There’s being optimistic and hopeful B4, and there’s being downright deluded. 

what you want to happen, is the same as what we all want to happen, but there’s nothing to suggest we can put the run together required to catch back the points. 

Beating Sheff Weds was a great result, but we are probably still in the relegation zone for away points. 

Norwich can still mathematically get Into the top 4....

barnsely can still mathematically get Into the play offs

Birmingham can still mathematically win the league

and I do wonder if there are fans on their forums deluded enough to think this might happen.? 

1 minute ago, David said:

Of course and you know they are clear favourites, but see no reason to try and dampen B4’s optimism.

You’ve been here long enough to know he will believe until it’s no longer mathematically possible, let him believe, not doing anyone any harm is it?

I’d like to think the players and management share his belief going forward. 

Better the players & management share B4’s belief than that of some on here otherwise what is the point???? I sometimes ask myself if some of us wouldn’t be better off finding another pastime\hobby!!! Surely life is too short to continually have a dark cloud hanging over us? What is the point? 

Well who called me that many have many of you throught Derby lose man utd last season we won. Alright this season we lost but we went down fighting and thats all I want to make fight of it. I believe in the lads and always will.

I know lads can do this.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well who called me that many have many of you throught Derby lose man utd last season we won. Alright this season we lost but we went down fighting and thats all I want to make fight of it. I believe in the lads and always will.

I know lads can do this.

And how many games have YOU said we’d win that we didnt? Way more! Wayyyyyyyyyy more! 

I think with Wayne Rooney around we’ll be making a fight of it B4, he’ll be geeing the lads up and I’m wishing them all the best but you’ve got to remember we can’t have any more dodgy ref performances, we’ve had our fair share of them this season, and we’ll need a drop of luck but it’s a big ask mate. 

Is it possible ? Hell yeah, is it likely ? I’m not so sure but I’ve got everything crossable crossed. COYR

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and I do wonder if there are fans on their forums deluded enough to think this might happen.? 

Daring to dream your team might do the seemingly impossible is why lots of fans go to football matches especially young fans I would never want to take that sort of excitement away from them.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think with Wayne Rooney around we’ll be making a fight of it B4, he’ll be geeing the lads up and I’m wishing them all the best but you’ve got to remember we can’t have any more dodgy ref performances, we’ve had our fair share of them this season, and we’ll need a drop of luck but it’s a big ask mate. 

Is it possible ? He’ll yeah, is it likely ? I’m not so sure but I’ve got everything crossable crossed. COYR

Why hell not

Many of last year when lost 1st leg and I said we can win 2nd leg and and we won.

Just try believeing in the lads why more fun than misable negative person.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Does anyone think that Blackburn will make the play offs? They are a lot better off than we are right now, but I don't think anyone who saw them this weekend would give them a hope in hell.

we are 150/1 to get promoted..... with only 1 other team (Birmingham) with quoted odds that are higher...that says it all really.

Eric Steele has been in football long enough to know we aren't going up, get used to it, he knows more than you do.

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

image.thumb.png.8ef21e869f82f1e0148544b4b4e81c0b.png

5000/1. I'm sure Eric Steele, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jurgen Klopp and your hero Billy Davies, if you combined all of their football knowledge together, would have said there was absolutely no chance of Leicester winning the league.

You've been watching football a long time, you've seen how crazy it can be, and you're telling people to stop entertaining the fact that we might make up a 5-point gap when there are 27 to play for? Yes, the chances of us making the Play Offs are very slim. But, quite frankly, you're an absolute ducking moron if you write it off completely. 

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why hell not

Many of last year when lost 1st leg and I said we can win 2nd leg and and we won.

Just try believeing in the lads why more fun than misable negative person.

It's the hope that kills you, I think if we beat Millwall and Reading we can start believing

The club are talking it up., so good luck to them. What ultimately matters is their mentality and belief. They have to go into games against the likes of Forest, Leeds and West Brom playing to win and win comfortably. Those fixtures in particular, you've got to look at getting 2 wins and not a win draw and a loss. Put them all to the sword. 

Technically speaking we can still achieve equal to or more than the points we've achieved to qualify for our last 3 playoff campaigns, but we are going to have to win every single game until the end of the season to do it. 

Nothing wrong with Eric Steele being realistic, but equally nothing wrong with being optimistic like B4. We all believe its possible until it mathematically isn't. I still believe it can be done, but it isn't a very strong belief.

49 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Good news - we are actually only the 4th worst team away from home. If we only had home games left we might actually do it - we're in automatic promotion places at home. We have Forest at home though - at the very least we can content ourselves with derailing their season.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think we need another thread about our chances of reaching the playoffs I mean we have this one, the Race for the Playoffs and Promotion threads, I personally don't think 3 is enough let's get another few more going ?

Reading them is not compulsory.

Archived