Who next?

Jram

On 09/03/2020 at 08:48, Heisenberg said:

Max Lowe in central midfield?

Possibly.
Plenty of full backs can play the defensive midfield role. We’ve had a few ourselves. lee carsley played right back in the promotion season and then defensive midfielder in the top division. Dave langan was a defensive midfielder who made the opposite move and became a great full back. eranio was another. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main issue with suggestions for defensive midfielder is that I would want to be building my team for the next decade around Max Bird - if he stays fit, then there's only one other slot available in cocuball.

Jordan Brown's eventually, hopefully. 

Feels like we’re flush with options in midfield as I believe Liam Thompson is very highly thought of as well? Jordan Brown looks a real baller whenever I’ve seen him 

would be interested to see who leaves this summer. Presumably Babos and wassall given 21 seems to be the age they release players who aren’t near the first team 

On 09/03/2020 at 04:28, Keepyuppy said:

I think it’s a wonderful sight to behold, seeing our heavy investment in our Academy starting to pay great dividends. What does sadden me is the knee jerk wrist slashers bemoaning a lull in our stature and forward progression - in particular the, what I see, assassination of our manager Phillip Cocu. He was bought in to post specifically to implement this ‘change’ in philosophy and I can’t think of a better person to deliver the change than Cocu - he has ‘form’ for nurturing younger players through to becoming established 1st XI players. 
Think back a few seasons ago, Paul Clement was bought in to do exactly the same job, but perhaps that crop of youngsters, weren’t quite good enough, as there are very few of them left - together with the fact Clement seemed to move away from the concept that Mel Morris employed him to undertake and that is the reason why he was sacked. Look where he is now,,,, a failed manager and finished as far as I see it.  Maybe he wasn’t the real desktop deliver it anyway, but Cocu certInly is. 
I also think that some of our supporters are genuinely ‘wastelands’ in football knowledge - an example being Max Bird. When he first appeared, to me it was obviously too early for him, but you could see he had something for someone so young. He was berated and classed as ‘useless’ by the usual troll suspects and written off as ever making the grade.  Look at him now, a much more physically matured player with talent in abundance and probably if not the first name in the team sheet, certainly second or third !!. Those same trolls are doing and saying the exact same about Whittaker as they did about Bird - give the lad a bloody chance, he’s only just stepping up to first team fringes and needs another year or maybe a loan out to get some proper game time, toughen up a bit and develop his undoubted talent against hardened professionals. 
Look a Knight, a wonderful young player , perhaps needs this season to hone his craft a little mir, but a star in the making. Sibley is a wonder kid, just like Hughes was, but even better than Hughes was. Has everything in his locker that Hughes lacked and the best thing is, he’s a life long Derby fan from Stapenhill, Burton, so as he says himself, he’s been wanting to play for ‘his’ team all his life - how utterly marvellous for him and us alike. I’m sure the big Prem clubs are already airing up for him, but he’s a level headed young man and think he’ll be around for a few years yet. People can laugh if they like, but I’ll tell you now, he’ll be an England player in a few years and I hope he’s still a Derby player when he makes his debut. 

Many supporters Who I know and chat to, who’ve been watching Derby for as many years as I have, through the good, the bad and the down right bloody ugly are as excited as I am about the next 1/2/3/4 years. 

So message to all the trolls, ‘wrist slashers’ and Cocu badgers, is just shut up, look at the bigger picture and get ready to go and order a big slice of humble pie,,,,,,  oh and another thing,,,,,,, just shut up !!! 

Thanks to Mel Morris, for seeing the bigger picture too !! ?? 

Who do you think you are? 46 posts in and you are telling those who don’t view the events of this current season through rose tinted specs that they are ‘wristslashers’, ‘trolls’ and ‘wastelands’ and telling them to shut up? Get off your high horse mate - up to the start of the year this season had been a shambles, the performances were utter tripe and Cocu was not getting anything like the best out of the team. Yes some of the kids look great and it’s going to be interesting to see if they push on next season, but don’t run away with the idea that we are going to smash the league with just kids. We will need a number of other signings to flesh out the team to make it competitive next season and I wonder where the finances for that will come from. Will we have to see some of the kids to pay for better signings? I hope not but you never know. In the meantime have some respect for posters on here who have a different view from you and don’t be so full of yourself.

10 hours ago, Robram said:

Yep agree with that . Development only works if we are selling players and replacing with up and coming talent . Could we afford to sell a couple of young stars and still challenge next season ? . If not where are you going to play them ? 

Bird, Knight, Sibley, Lowe, Bogle and Whittaker will at the very least be regulars in the matchday squad, just like they have been this season. The next crop will start off as '3rd choice' in their positions and hopefully push on and become squad members, backups, or even first choice over the next couple of years. A loan here and there for a few in between, maybe a few sales to keep the conveyor belt rolling. We've only just turned that conveyor belt on, so it'll take a while before we need to offload one to let a new one on.

11 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Who do you think you are? 46 posts in and you are telling those who don’t view the events of this current season through rose tinted specs that they are ‘wristslashers’, ‘trolls’ and ‘wastelands’ and telling them to shut up? Get off your high horse mate - up to the start of the year this season had been a shambles, the performances were utter tripe and Cocu was not getting anything like the best out of the team. Yes some of the kids look great and it’s going to be interesting to see if they push on next season, but don’t run away with the idea that we are going to smash the league with just kids. We will need a number of other signings to flesh out the team to make it competitive next season and I wonder where the finances for that will come from. Will we have to see some of the kids to pay for better signings? I hope not but you never know. In the meantime have some respect for posters on here who have a different view from you and don’t be so full of yourself.

Who does he think he is? Who do you think you are... he’s not gone out on a personal attack on anyone. What he’s said is true, there are far too many people on here that have slated our manager and some of the youngsters which I find bizarre. The form of the team would have us 3rd since Christmas with the youngsters plus Rooney, we do need a couple of smart and quality signings but the overhaul that Cocu has managed on the budget he has has been the story of the season for us. 

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Possibly.
Plenty of full backs can play the defensive midfield role. We’ve had a few ourselves. lee carsley played right back in the promotion season and then defensive midfielder in the top division. Dave langan was a defensive midfielder who made the opposite move and became a great full back. eranio was another. 

Lowe can’t defend as a full back, let alone CDM. I’m exaggerating a little but you know what I mean

Eranio could’ve played anywhere and looked class.  

2 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Lowe can’t defend as a full back, let alone CDM. I’m exaggerating a little but you know what I mean

Eranio could’ve played anywhere and looked class.  

Can't defend but is the top tackler in the division - 25% more tackles per game than the next best full back. He also ranks highly for interceptions and blocked passes

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can't defend but is the top tackler in the division - 25% more tackles per game than the next best full back. He also ranks highly for interceptions and blocked passes

Ah so he IS a great defender Cos the stats say so...? ?

But how many crosses does he let in...? Come on, I’m not slating the guy but a great defender he ain’t. 

1 minute ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Ah so he IS a great defender Cos the stats say so...? ?

But how many crosses does he let in...? Come on, I’m not slating the guy but a great defender he ain’t. 

I can't say how many he lets in, but he stops more than anyone else in the squad, with the exception of Buchanan (2 blocks in 2 games)

Forsyth, who everyone praises for his defensive ability has only blocked 4 crosses when playing at LB this season. 18 crosses came in from that side of the pitch against Wednesday!

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I can't say how many he lets in, but he stops more than anyone else in the squad, with the exception of Buchanan (2 blocks in 2 games)

Forsyth, who everyone praises for his defensive ability has only blocked 4 crosses when playing at LB this season. 18 crosses came in from that side of the pitch against Wednesday!

Too many crosses come in full stop for me - prob Bogles worse attribute for me. 

7 hours ago, Jayram said:

Who do you think you are? 46 posts in and you are telling those who don’t view the events of this current season through rose tinted specs that they are ‘wristslashers’, ‘trolls’ and ‘wastelands’ and telling them to shut up?

Would it be ok if he had 4000 posts?

Hey Jayram, think you’ve fell out your pram fella and banged your head !! 

Who do I think I am ?. Just a loyal fan of just over 3000 games under my belt, home, away, reserves, U23, Academy games when I can.  I’m a nobody who just supports my team through thick n thin con what may. 
someome who looks at the bigger picture and doesn’t do knee jerk reactions and comments. Someone who doesn’t feel the need to make thousands of posts on a social media forum. 
An absolute nobody !! 
Sing when you’re winning !! ? ?

We all support Derby.

Whether you have been to every game since you were in your mummy's tummy or just you have just found out that DCFC are greatest team that's ever been, were all the same. 

No one is more or less of a fan.

It's is a sense of togetherness we should be fostering. Encouraging more supporters to join us in our crusade. Not going on about I been more times than you. 

Unity is strength. Up the Rams 

Archived