Favourite Rams Moments? ?

Momentacy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The goal was at the Normanton End but I guess you mean behind in line with the shot. Don't think I've ever been in a packed crowd like that even though I was at the Spurs 5 0 game in 1969 our highest league attendance ever.

Yes, behind the line of the shot. Was at the Spurs game too.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Trevor Christies penalty against Rotherham.

Soft penalty to give by the ref, but Trev did the job and we went up from the 3rd division.

The main reason I remember this though is because we headed straight into town and got a Mexican wave going from the White horse pub on Victoria st up to the Cornmarket.

Spotted Horse?  Opposite Black Prince/Rosco's/Ducky Square?

White Horse is Moreledge, opposite Bus Station.   ?

On 08/03/2020 at 22:59, Wazztie16 said:

Leeds away po semi final last season, late decision to go, after everything that had happened previously in the season, and having lost to them in the previous 3 matches, i will never ever forget how i felt when Marriott scored and at the final whistle.

I could've stayed and partied all night in that stadium. 

This ^. Same for me: late decision to go; zero expectation on my part. Met the Angrys  @Angry Ram and had a drink with some level-headed Leeds fans. Game kicked off, Leeds went 1-0 up, then they hit the bar, then it all went surreal. . . Come midnight we were in the car park floating about 4 feet off the ground and speaking in tongues. Or something. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Spotted Horse?  Opposite Black Prince/Rosco's/Ducky Square?

White Horse is Moreledge, opposite Bus Station.   ?

Very true, I don't know why I put White horse because I clearly remember it as the Spotted Horse.

24 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

One of my favourites was when I was 7 a had Sheffield Wednesday they scored in the 89th minute to go 3-1 up and we scored twice in the last minute to draw 3-3, I don't know why but it's always stuck with me and is why I never leave early.

Similar for me, but unfortunately it wasn't a great memory.

My mum parked at a different spot and she wasn't sure whether she was allowed to be there, so we left a game early. Can't remember who it was against, but it was a night match in the 06/07 season. I think Lupoli scored a late winner, and I've been firmly against leaving early ever since.

It's the same reason I can't stand it when people are writing the season off already. You never know what is going to happen in football. Ever.

8 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Was in Vulcan Street Pop Side, got stuck in "the trench" (oldies will understand) for much of the game but saw the goal. Amazing night.

Got to the BBG quite late to find thousands of Liverpool fans outside trying to get in... lovely warm evening and walked there from Chaddo with mates but strangely enough never thought we'd win the league.Me and one mate were lucky enough to attend every game that season and we ended up League Champions.. Incredible.Fantastic memories.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 08:21, ossieram said:

Trevor Christies penalty against Rotherham.

Soft penalty to give by the ref, but Trev did the job and we went up from the 3rd division.

The main reason I remember this though is because we headed straight into town and got a Mexican wave going from the White horse pub on Victoria st up to the Cornmarket.

I have watched this clip hundreds of times and I am convinced that not even B4 would give a penalty for whatever happened....

People moan about the Italians and Revie paying off the refs.....but surely this guy walked away from the Baseball Ground that night with a brown bag full of tenners…?

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:10, Dethorn said:

Interesting.....

Interesting.....

Very interesting

Just look at his face

My favourite bit of commentary lol

One too many interestings mate......interesting...…...very interesting...….

Archived