Sibley,

Day

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Don’t think any of these lads will be sold. They’ve still got some developing to do, Cocu’s has a pedigree of developing young talent combined that with the fact he was an elite player, Rooney was an elite player - it’s best for their development to stay here and they’ll know that. Cocu has also spoken about selling at the right time, they will increase in value the longer we keep them. Bogle might think it’s the right time to go if he gets the opportunity but I think we’ll have Bird Knight and Sibley for another season. 

Sibley is rightly getting the plaudits but for 25 mins before half time yesterday Bird was exceptional. Ran the show, his vision was pivotal to getting Sibley and co  in between the lines. I think he will be the best of the two.

As for will they play for England, not sure they will that isn’t a slight on their ability or potential. They might win a couple of caps but not sure they’ll be regulars. In any other era from the past 30 years I’d say definite future England players but this generation of England players is scary! Id be astounded if we don’t win a major tournament in the next 10-15 years.

Plus a great usp for Mel to use to attract new investment

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

These guys will be worth around £40m each this time next year. 
Good enough to get us up and stay there. A bit like Southampton did a few years ago. 

Yes!

For five years I have been mourning the fact that we didn't make it up with Hughes, Hendrick and co. I thought those dreams don't come round very often.

But now ... to think we could do it with Bird, Knight and Sibley, not to mention Bogle and Lowe ... Come on you ducking Rams!

Archived