Sibley,

Day

15 hours ago, europia said:

I think most fans are coming around to appreciate what a good acquisition Philip Cocu is for DCFC. 

I wondered how people would view Cocu if Rooney came in and our form improved.

My opinion is that Rooney deserves the plaudits for turning our season around but we're also seeing all the good work Cocu was doing before that coming to fruition.

Now I hope come the summer we're financially stable and can keep hold of Sibley, Bird, Knight but if we're not and we get £20m for Sibley then lets remember that Cocu will have brought that money in by giving youth a chance and is helping the club whichever angle you look at it.

We've had that academy running well for years but 100% Cocu has elevated it further. It's going to be a place young lads really want to be.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Donnyram said:

He needs a song...... not very creative on songs but how about Sibley the Best by Tina Turner,

Sibley the best

Better than all the rest

Better than Mount, who’s gone

Better than anyone

Sibley the best............... over to the more creative......

Since he was young, I followed him, Louie Sibley, The player for me la la la laaaa 

Good post David he really does look a player but worth noting that his introduction has been seemingly perfectly managed by Cocu ...this may mean he’s on the bench against a robust Millwall side on Saturday which I think would make perfect sense ...but if he keeps his feet in the ground and is managed correctly we could have some player ...also Knight and Bird are great talents ...just hope we see them for the next few seasons...the vultures of the premier league will be circling no doubt!

Well the joker is out of the box now. We can no longer keep Sibley under wraps, he was excellent against Man U and proved it wasn’t a one off on Sunday.  The Prem scouts will be queuing up for Sibley and will be spoilt for choice with our youngsters, Knight, Bogle and Bird hardly had bad games. 

is the future exciting and can we resist the dollar signs when the big boys come calling, I hope so

32 minutes ago, David said:

In that case it’s staying ?

Make it a comma, that'll really mess with 'em.

Or an apostrophe, I hear people can really get worked up over their misuse's.

35 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Anyone heard Ed Dawes not moaning about something? It's all he does...

In fairness and I'm far from being a fan of his, since Ramage has gone and with Eric Steele doing the summary, there's a definite improvement in his commentaries. The difference between Steele and Ramage is like comparing someone like David Attenborough with Compo.

Good to hear Chris Coles back on the airwaves.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Well the joker is out of the box now. We can no longer keep Sibley under wraps, he was excellent against Man U and proved it wasn’t a one off on Sunday.  The Prem scouts will be queuing up for Sibley and will be spoilt for choice with our youngsters, Knight, Bogle and Bird hardly had bad games. 

is the future exciting and can we resist the dollar signs when the big boys come calling, I hope so

I'd be very disappointed if any of these young lads were sold on the cheap and by cheap I mean less than £20m each. Especially considering the talk of how much Man U are about to pay for Jude Bellingham. Upwards of £35m ?

Lowe, Bogle, Knight, Bird, Sibley and Whittaker will be worth between £100m and £150m by the end of next season. 

Don’t think any of these lads will be sold. They’ve still got some developing to do, Cocu’s has a pedigree of developing young talent combined that with the fact he was an elite player, Rooney was an elite player - it’s best for their development to stay here and they’ll know that. Cocu has also spoken about selling at the right time, they will increase in value the longer we keep them. Bogle might think it’s the right time to go if he gets the opportunity but I think we’ll have Bird Knight and Sibley for another season. 

Sibley is rightly getting the plaudits but for 25 mins before half time yesterday Bird was exceptional. Ran the show, his vision was pivotal to getting Sibley and co  in between the lines. I think he will be the best of the two.

As for will they play for England, not sure they will that isn’t a slight on their ability or potential. They might win a couple of caps but not sure they’ll be regulars. In any other era from the past 30 years I’d say definite future England players but this generation of England players is scary! Id be astounded if we don’t win a major tournament in the next 10-15 years.

Archived