Sibley,

Day

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs a song...... not very creative on songs but how about Sibley the Best by Tina Turner,

Sibley the best

Better than all the rest

Better than Mount, who’s gone

Better than anyone

Sibley the best............... over to the more creative......

4 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

South stand in good spirit today and was singing the white Pele song but swapped Wayne Rooney for Louie Sibley, made me chuckle.

Also sang " Ain't nobody like Louie Sibley, makes me happy, makes me feel this way.

Max Bird's more of an apt Hughes comparison, I see similarities between those two. It's just the hair with Sibley.

SIbley's his own beast, I expected him to play a part next season but if he's going to be influential this season...

His arrival makes the end of the season very tasty indeed. Don't be afraid to get excited.

The way I view these academy players is this: imagine if he was a new signing. Playing that well and scoring, you'd be talking about building around him for the future. Then add Bird and Knight on top of that...

Has to start next week.

The thing that impresses me - not necessarily the most because there is a lot to be impressed with - about him, Knight and Bird that doesn't get mentioned a lot, is their strength on the ball.

For kids of that age it's mind blowing.

And fwiw, I think all three could push for England honours if their development keeps on.

There was one cross from Knight today off his left foot that was wicked.

Oh, and something else.

None of them have any fear.

I like that.

A lot.

Wolves were supposedly one of the clubs interested in Sibley in the summer and/or last season - we may even have rejected a bid for him. A lot of clubs have been eagerly waiting to see him in action with the first team. If he carries his performances from the last two games through to the end of the season, it’s going to be incredibly difficult to keep hold of him - and not just from the top clubs in this country. 

I quite rate him, if you hadn't already noticed. ?

Regarding his future, Sibley is Derby through and through - maybe he will be more keen to take us to the Premier League, rather than go off and play for someone else.

If we can keep that under 18s midfield together next season, I think we'll be there by the end of it. 

2 hours ago, David said:

This kid will play for England.

Quote me when he’s retired and I’m wrong. 

That goal today, ooof, some won’t come close to anything like that. 

Debut goals don’t come better than that.

Seem to remember a certain Wayne Rooney esq announcing his arrival in similar fashion. 

Archived